We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Finally Booked - Yipppeeee

Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
94 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Finally Booked - Yipppeeee

So we have got our holiday booked woohoo. Off to Patong on 24th May for 2 weeks. Staying in the B-Lay Tong in a lovely grand deluxe room with jacuzzi on the balcony...oh heaven!! also managed to get a champion deal on sawadee.com - the room for 13 nights for 735 quid!! thats just less than half price as the best deal the hotel could do me was 1500 quid and other 'cheapy' sites were coming in at 1200 so I think we did quite well if I do say so myself!! ok so there's no brekkie included but who cares its not like thats going to cost a lot in Thailand :) ohh yay only 54 days to go hehe.

Any advice on overnight trips to phi phi would be awesome just for a one night stay.

Also anything else you feel would be fun would be appreciated....I have already read all of cathys and garys pages to which are excellent!!

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,590 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Finally Booked - Yipppeeee

Congratulations, sounds like you have got a very good deal. If you've read cathy & garys pages there's not much I can offer you except to say.....Your gonna have so much fun!!

Oh, maybe book a day trip to Phang Na bay with someone like Phuket Sail Tours or one of the other companies reccomended on Trip Advisor. Do some searches on tours.

Have fun, we'll be back in late June.

Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
94 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Finally Booked - Yipppeeee

Cheers were so excited its the first time for us!!

Yea I checked those guys out and emailed mark before will defo use them will sort it soon do you know any specific reputable companies that do the overnights on phiphi oh I'll be home with holiday blues when you go lol enjoy yourself as well!!

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Patong
Level Contributor
4,384 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Finally Booked - Yipppeeee

absolutely go and do Phang Nga with Captain Mark and Phuket sail Tours, you wont regret it. You can also just do a day trip to Phi Phi with Phuket sail Tours as well

Congrats on your booking and excitement, it only gets better from here!!

Michelle

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
37,164 posts
370 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Finally Booked - Yipppeeee

Hi

You may find this recent thread fun . . . tripadvisor.co.uk/…39581261

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,909 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Finally Booked - Yipppeeee

For an overnight trip to Phi Phi, why not organise it under your own steam? You could catch the morning ferry, swim or walk around until lunchtime, check into your hotel (booked with good old sawadee again), stay the night then catch the ferry back. It would probably cost less, although having your own boat as part of a tour may feel more comfortable for one night. I bet when you get to Patong you'll find plenty of tours overnight on offer!

New Milton, United...
Level Contributor
4,416 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Finally Booked - Yipppeeee

don,t book anything thro, the hotel, it will be more expensive

have a read of the reviews regarding pst(ignore the few bad ones they were malicious

who are you flying with purplified? did u get a good price?

have a lovely time!

Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
94 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Finally Booked - Yipppeeee

HI again everyone, thanks for all the replies much appreciated!!

Thank Michelle but defo want the overnight to phi phi though all of Captain Marks trips look fab!

Thanks for the link :) ill read that now.

I would prefer an organised overnight trip to phi phi to be honest at least then I know ill get there and back ok haha espc if we have had a few drinks the night before it would be nice to know there would at least be a head count? lol I had a look and found a few online that seemed pretty decent price wise but im sure itll be much cheaper there espc as low season.

Cheers Andy I deof agree we never ever book things though hotels they are always rip off merchants! I have read all the reviews and checked out the pst website and also emailed Cpt Mark and every response is always friendly we will defo be using them for sure I just need to get the finger out!!

Oh well flights for us were 500 quid each return but we're currently living and working in Saudi Arabia so I have no idea if thats good or not lol...though they are good flights Dammam to Doha for a change then Doha right through to Phuket (with one wee short stop for fuel in kuala lumper staying on plane) This was the cheapest I could find them with any airline including using skyscanner/kayak etc etc.

Gill (save you all calling me purplified hehe)

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Patong
Level Contributor
4,384 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Finally Booked - Yipppeeee

Gill (much easier than purplified lol)

Let us know what you decide with Phi Phi, Make sure you book your Trip to Phang Nga early (like now) with Mark to avoid dissapointment.

Michelle

Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
94 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Finally Booked - Yipppeeee

I think we will defo just book an overnight trip to Phi Phi when we are in Thailand as this would work out easier....won't have to be stuck to a schedule then. The only trip im going to organise is the one with Captain Mark (or maybe two going to reread the website now) then when im home from work later ill have a word with the hubby about getting it booked :)

Has anyone tried the zorbing in thailand? looks fun!

cheers, Gill

10. Re: Finally Booked - Yipppeeee

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 01:17
Get answers to your questions about Patong