We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

accommodation at patong beach

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
48 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
accommodation at patong beach

Hi all. I am travelling to phuket in July & am trying to decide on accommodation. I am going with my boyfriend & would like something with a nice pool (swim up bar even better!), close to shops but that is relatively quiet. Initially I was interested in ramada resort Kao luk but it seemed too far from the nightlife/good shops etc. Would be willing to pay up to $150 per night. I don't like the bathrooms having clear screens which put me off graceland! Thanks for your help.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
171 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: accommodation at patong beach

We stayed at Amari Coral Beach Resort last time we were in Phuket. The pools were beautiful and location was in a quiet area only about 5 mins from the shops and nightlife of Patong. Check out my review.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
3,091 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: accommodation at patong beach

Depending on how long you have for your vacation...??...If you have some spare days I would divide my time up in Phuket and Khao Lak.....And by all means stay at the Ramada....Wonderful area and I am pretty sure you will not be disappointed.....Discover Khao Lak as so many others have....Beautiful...!!

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
48 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: accommodation at patong beach

I'm going to phuket for 7 nights. It's out 6yr anniversary, we're in our mid 20s & since its school holidays don't want to be at a hotel that caters mostly for families (a few kids is fine though!) I thought ramada resort looked fabulous just from researching that location it looked a bit isolated & far from everything but I could be wrong?!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
3,091 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: accommodation at patong beach

Heck Nooo...!!...??...The Ramada is on the ocean front of Bang Niang Beach...

The Ramada is so close to all the shops and restaurants of Bang Niang....

Bang La On is the largest area/town of Khao Lak and Bang Niang is the second largest and catching up to overtake Bang La On....However,they are quite close to each other,about 10-15 minutes drive....

We stayed @ The Riverside Resort next door to The Ramada so we know the location well.....Fabulous restaurant and massage places on the left of Ramada as you exit onto the beach...

Khao Lak seemed to be quite void of kids(tourist variety)the 2 times we have been there....A few kids/families around but not many....

The ocean front bungalows at Ramada look unreal...!!...And our friends, Procol(TA member)stayed in one...

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
48 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: accommodation at patong beach

Thank you for your quick response. So there are lots of things to do around ramada resort? How does the shopping & entertainment compare to patong beach? Do you have any recommendations for accommodation at patong beach? I guess I'm just worried about going to ramada resort & not having as much to do versus being at paying which is busy & close to everything. (my assumption is based on various reviews I've read but may be incorrect as I haven't been to ramada resort before or to phuket for a long time!)

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
3,091 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: accommodation at patong beach

Bang Niang markets are about 3/4 kilometer behind the Ramada...Nice place to spend a few hours...!!...Khao Lak is not a shoppers paradise...Khao Lak is for rest and relaxation.....But has lots of things to do....Check Khao Lak forum...

I do not have any recommendations for resorts in your price range @ Patong as we stay in 3 star away from the beach,but no less comfortable....Our budget is in the $40-$55 range and we get heaps for that price in low season....With a $150 budget,you should be able to find a variety of places on Patong Beachfront...

Look thru sawadee.com...Patong Beach,check places in your budget and then read TA reviews for positives....

We love Phuket and we also love Khao Lak...2 very different places with so much to offer....

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
48 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: accommodation at patong beach

Oh I would stay in a cheaper hotel that is 3 stars up its more I don't want to spend more than $150 less with good facilities would be even better! Someone at my work suggested andakira..

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
3,091 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: accommodation at patong beach

Well...My choices in Patong are...The Palmyra Resort on Rhatuthit Road,one street back from the beach...Or Royal Paradise Hotel also on the same road..

In Kata,at Kata Palms Resort....also back from the beach but a fabulous pool...

All in a very affordable price range....and excellent reviews....

Sorry haven't stayed @ Andakira Resort....

However,there are hundreds of resorts/hotels to choose from....

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
182 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: accommodation at patong beach

Thavorn beach village and spa is perfect.

Nakalay bay

Phuket Town...
Level Contributor
103 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: accommodation at patong beach

Hi

recommend to stay at Baan Thai beach resort because is in the center of Patong not far ways from everywhere for example entertainment,restaurant and all .

this is my recommendation

Regards.

lucamalee

Get answers to your questions about Patong