We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

"Small Group" day trips to the Islands

Tauranga, New...
Level Contributor
30 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
"Small Group" day trips to the Islands

Suggestions of small groups (max of 10 preferably) that do boat trips to the islands. We also would prefer if we go to parts of the Island where no other tourists are or at times when they are not there. We want to be the only ones there if possible :) Does not have to be a speedboat, actually a speedboat would be my last option. We don't mind which Islands we go to but as I said they must not be crowded with tourists!!

Have contacted 2 places already, one which is booked and the other I am still waiting to hear from. As we are going next week it is quite last minute!

I know I sound fussy :) but we would rather pay extra to get exactly what we want.

Thanks

Ireland
Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: "Small Group" day trips to the Islands

Try Phuket Sail Tours you will find a link somewhere on this forum or just google them. Supposed to be very good I just booked last weekend for a trip in early June. Quick response from Joky. Price I think is 3250 baht for over 12 and 2000 baht for under 12. They do phi phi by speedboat and also Phang Nga Bay by speedboat and sailboat. Very good reviews from everyone on this forum that is why I booked with them.

Tauranga, New...
Level Contributor
30 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: "Small Group" day trips to the Islands

They have no space on there sail boat unfortunately and I am not so keen on the speed boat with more guests on the boats.

100 Mile House...
Level Contributor
336 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: "Small Group" day trips to the Islands

Have a look at Sweetdreamers Sailboat tours. Maximum 6 people. Includes pickup/dropoff and a terrific lunch. Igor and Delphine are fantastik, and took us to little Islands where we were the only ones. We did some great snorkeling, and had lunch on a beautiful beach (which we had to ourselves)

sailingtourphuket.com/sweetdreamers-thailand…

Tauranga, New...
Level Contributor
30 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: "Small Group" day trips to the Islands

Sweetdreamers was the other one I emailed, they are also all booked.

We have decided to go with River Rovers as can't find any other trips.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,439 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: "Small Group" day trips to the Islands

You could allways hire a long tail whenyou get there.

6. Re: "Small Group" day trips to the Islands

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 10:42