We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

booking holiday

Which Patong hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
107 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
booking holiday

Hi guys looking at booking our holiday to phuket. This will be our third trip,previously we have gone through a travel agent. This time we want to book it ourselves. For hotels is sawadee the best to book with? Now for flights who would be the best we have been looking at webjet. Any information would be appreciated thanks guys

NSW
Level Contributor
158 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: booking holiday

Air Asia is the cheapest flights, but budget airline. For hotels we just usually hunt around for wherever is cheapest or has deals. This time we used webjet and Asia web direct :)

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Patong
Level Contributor
4,338 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: booking holiday

Hi Fitz

Always abit exciting/scary, booking for the 1st time yourself.

I surf all the sites pretty much to find the best deal. Sawadee is a great site and generally has some of the best prices. Another I have used alot is Asia web Direct, and also then check the hotels wesite, sometimes you can get better deals through them. Also once you have found your best price, email hotel direct and ask if they can do better.

As for flights, depends maybe who you want to fly with. Generally I have always booked direct with airline for best deals, although Flight center sometime has got great prices. The problem I find with the booking site for airlines is they dont tend to offer you many flight choices and you tend to get the flights with longer stop overs.

Hope this helps

Michelle

Broadbeach...
Level Contributor
1,347 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: booking holiday

I always book through Latestays.com (Asian Based)or Wotif.com(Australia Based)-both are owned by Wotif but prices vary slightly on some Hotels.I just did a search for 3 days at Patong Merlin to compare and they come out the same.You don't say when you intend to holiday,both these sites are good to book for the next couple of months.If you are going in 6 months or later,you may have to book with Sawadee,compare prices.

I've flown Melb-Sing-Phuket with Jetstar and return with Air Asia and both were very good flights,so go with the best connection/deal and book through their website,you'll pay an extra booking fee going through Webjet.

You can also fly Melb-Syd-Phuket with Jetstar,check connections to see if this suits.

Edited: 11 June 2012, 01:50
Broadbeach...
Level Contributor
1,347 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: booking holiday

Air Asia transit through KL and Jetstar through Singapore,i prefer Singapore Changi Airport to KL.

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: booking holiday

Sawadee are excellent for hotels, always use them, for flights you need to search around, always look at the airline websites for any deals

Bendigo, Australia
Level Contributor
74 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: booking holiday

Hi Fitz,

I have had good results in the past with accommodation booking via Booking.com. However, the past 3 visits to Patong I have booked direct through hotel websites and got better deals. It pays to check all options.

The same with airfares, I have used "webjet" and "cheap flights" but most recently have obtained the best price directly with the airline websites.

I have just booked with Jetstar (Melb-Syd-Phuket) so there is only a changeover in Australia and then direct to Phuket.

Noosa, Australia
Level Contributor
87 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: booking holiday

After losing flights with air australia going bust,I surfed the internet for a couple of weeks looking for the best deal.we have used the already mentioned sites,but this time expedia was by far the cheapest,we saved %70 on the hotel alone.$1300 for flights and 14 nights accom with a pool access room and breakfast.sounds good to me! Oh, flying Thai airways(which I like)

Happy holidays.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
107 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: booking holiday

Thanks everyone for your replys. No set time to go yet. We will keep researching all our options. Thanks again

New Milton, United...
Level Contributor
4,416 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: booking holiday

if u book with thai airways&some others, all you do is pay online with a debit card ,then u print off the ticket, and present it and your p/port at the airport- job done!(they only actually need ur p/port as you are in the "system")

same as hotels, try agoda btw- when u find a good hotel deal, cross check it with other companys as they definatly differ, you might get a better deal

some hotels have 17% tax on top so watch out for that!

have a look at "sky scanners " for flights

andy

10. Re: booking holiday

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 02:16