We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

oh so confused

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
402 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
oh so confused

we are going to Patong in september for the 3rd time but have stayed at the Ibis patong each time as we were comfortable with it. the only problem we had was it was a long way from the shopping centers and night life so this time we decided to move down closer. we looked at all the hotels on tripadvisor and decided on RCB patong but you can only book it online so to travel agents we go they have now given us prices for Bann thai, The Kee and Millennium and after reading reviews are more confused. we want close to bangla rd but not in your face and noisy, pool with or without spa, free wii, and safe space. not too many kids as we are older couple so don't like too many around but also don't really want too many party animals either ( ok fussy) any sugessions?

P & C Jewelry
Gift & Speciality Shops
Prince Fashion
Factory Outlets, Flea & Street Markets, Gift & Speciality Shops, Fashion Shows & Tours
Silver Maker Family
Gift & Speciality Shops
Canady Tailor House
Gift & Speciality Shops
Southport, Australia
Level Contributor
1,463 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: oh so confused

Last night I wandered around banthai and was impressed. Have been to Phuket 11 times now and out of those my choice would be Banthai, I have never heard a bad word about it. Mind you your spelling is different to mine??

Mentioned in this post
Phuket
Phuket
Thailand
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
402 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: oh so confused

the other thing is the map on trip advisor shows the location in a back street am i right in thinking it is on the beach road just down from bangla road?

Southport, Australia
Level Contributor
1,463 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: oh so confused

Sort off, from the beach road it is behind some shops, very strange but you would not see it if you were not looking for it. But truly I was amazed by it.I am more impressed by there rather than Kee.

Southport, Australia
Level Contributor
1,463 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: oh so confused

Lots of those hotels can be accessed from the beach road or that road than runs behind. Holiday Inn, Merlin, and others.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
402 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: oh so confused

we just want somewhere where its not far to walk as it stopped a bit last times as we were up near gracelands and we would walk down to otop etc and then get a taxi back and it meant a big day, this time if i want to pop out and do some shopping or get food etc i want to do it quick and not have to get taxis

Maitland, Australia
Level Contributor
610 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: oh so confused

Just got back from staying at the Royal Phawadee village, small

Boutique type place absolutely fantastic.It is one street back from Bangla rd towards gracelands. Only 5 mins to bangla rd and nice shopping around but more of a walk to otop markets.10 mins to juncelyn shops . I booked it by myself over the Internet absolutely no problems.they just needed one night deposit.they sent me an email last week and all rooms have 20% off until October 2012. Sam

Deception Bay...
Level Contributor
247 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: oh so confused

Hi I booked through T/A and paid $6500 for 4 adults flying Singapore airlines, and staying 14 nights at Gracelands resort = 1650 per person, which I though was pretty good, that's in Oct.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
168 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: oh so confused

Squibs....which travel agent did you book with. I am in Brisbane also and that sounds like a great deal to what I have worked out. (flying Singapore airlines 9 nights in Phuket and 3 in Bangkok) 2200 per person.

Mentioned in this post
Brisbane
Brisbane
Brisbane Region, Australia
Phuket
Phuket
Thailand
Bangkok
Bangkok
Thailand
Christchurch, New...
Level Contributor
186 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: oh so confused

sorry for butting in.

any travel agencies will charge you by A PERSON. But actually they're paying to the hotel by room.

Have you tryed to check the prices through this web site?

I foud it's a propper way to save some money in order to spend them on massages and food. LOL

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Patong
Level Contributor
4,398 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: oh so confused

I agree why not book accomadation yourself, leave travel agent out of it. The Ban Thai is lovely, Another close to Bangla on Beach Rd is Impiana, The Kee looks nice , but not my sort of place.