We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jindas

australia
Level Contributor
1,757 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
Jindas

Even though we are back, I have a question about Jindas. Is it on Beach Rd?

I went into a "shop" with two Jindas signs on it, but I couldn't see fixed prices on anything. I thought maybe she had another shop somewhere.

It would be good to know for next time.

Ta:)

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
279 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Jindas

Yes it is on beach road, walking north it's just past McDonalds on the opposite side of the road next to the irish pub.

They don't actually have the fixed price listed on any items, but they give you the best price straight up without the need to haggle.

Cheers

Sleepy

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,455 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jindas

G'day Evomal,

Yes Jindas is on Beach rd and you wont find "fixed" prices on any goods .... it seems that prehaps we shouldn't use the term fixed price as people are expecting to go into Jindas and get that ... there has to be a little interaction between yourself and Jinda's ... for example the first time I went there I asked politely and I mean politely please give me your best price and I will buy lots of stuff .... Now I had already checked prices at the other stalls on the way so I had some sort of idea.

They gave me prices that were 50baht or more under the other stall holders So Mrs Lozza and myself brought some stuff and returned with the other 3 people in our group and they spent lots as well ..this was on our first day ..and we went back many times on that trip.

We have been back to Phuket 3 times since that trip and haven't found anyone to match Jindas prices and the prices haven't changed much in 4 years .... Now I have seen people in the shop not be polite and demand give me your best price and they have paid more than us but they were happy because it was still cheaper than elsewhere but if they had of been polite they would have got a better price.

Mrs Jinda and the Boys work hard and long hours and have to compete with other stall holders around them ..... On this trip we seen many Aussies who were repeat customers as well as some that just made us shake our heads in disbelief.

Cheers

Lozza and Mrs Lozza

Phillip Island...
Level Contributor
797 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jindas

Jinda and her boys are the BEST!! We have been to Thailand 13 times now and we always shop at Jinda's. We don't bother to buy much elsewhere as her prices are so good.

Our little boy LOVES her sons and every night we drop in and see them....and always buy something. We also send all our friends and family. If you ask, they will give you a couple of business cards with a map on the back so that you can point people in the right direction. There are soooo many shops that it can be confusing.

Cheers Verrena 0-)

australia
Level Contributor
1,757 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Jindas

Ok, now I get it. Will have to go back next time.

I agree Lozza and mrs Lozza that being more polite in any situation will always get a better result. We only encountered one rude Thai person our whole trip. The Thai people are so nice I can't believe how some people can be so rude. Will definitely go back to jindas next time.

Thanks guys

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
78 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Jindas

Went there three months ago. When we arrived I asked for prices, Jinda's son said trust me I will give you good price. So I trusted him and bought about 25 items without asking for price and was very pleasantly surprised with the total. Ending up returning for more shopping on our last day. He remembered us and was very happy that we had returned.

Good value items with even better service

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
148 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Jindas

Do they have men's dress shorts and board shorts. I'm sending my hubby and Dad there first day we arrive for their wardrobes :)

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
279 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Jindas

Lozza they have the billabong type dress shorts, you know the ones with some type of pattern on them. I didn't see any plain type dress shorts. Plenty of board shorts.

Cheers

Sleepy

8. Re: Jindas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 August 2013, 10:17
Get answers to your questions about Patong