We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Patong tailors help / is there wholesale review rigging ?

Grenada
Destination Expert
for Grenada
Level Contributor
3,937 posts
161 reviews
Save Topic
Patong tailors help / is there wholesale review rigging ?

Looking at the top 3 tailors, there are a lot of reviews by reviewers who only ever had one review... 5 stars naturally, and some dodgy spelling going on.

1, What do you think ?

2, Which ones would you think are good ?

3, I hear there are some tailor type scams - anyone know what they are ?

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,864 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Patong tailors help / is there wholesale review rigging ?

Tailors commonly sign up here just to give themselves a great review. Personally I wouldn't go near 99% of them.

Phuket, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Kata Beach, Karon
Level Contributor
4,009 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Patong tailors help / is there wholesale review rigging ?

There are so many 1 time reviewers....pity they are allowed. Also seen a lot of jealous competitors writing bad reviews :-(

Grenada
Destination Expert
for Grenada
Level Contributor
3,937 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Patong tailors help / is there wholesale review rigging ?

It would be useful/clever if there was some sort of weighting system - ie only look at reviews from people who had been members for a while or had a level of contribution either in forums or reviews.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
25 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Patong tailors help / is there wholesale review rigging ?

Bbtony, I have no idea how one stays so upbeat and positive! Kudos to you!

Bobgb, I have messaged genuine sounding reviewers and from the answers, have been able to narrow my choices down to two. I'll be visiting them both in a week's time. Of course, I'm probably going to end up with a suit that looks like a colourful potato sack, but I'll be happy to announce my success/failure upon my return.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
10,224 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Patong tailors help / is there wholesale review rigging ?

LOL Nothing wrong with colourgull potato sacks........they are bound to come into fashion some time.

Gotta admit I would never get suits etc made in Thailand, generally (despite the hugely advertised cheap prices) they are not that much cheaper for a 'similar quality' of tailoring at home, and at home I have consumer protection rights!

That apart I don't want to waste any of my precious holiday time back and forth to tailors shops for fittings etc and then anxiously waiting to see if a) my suit turns up before I leave the country or b) the suit turns up and is completely unwearable leaving me no time to get it altered etc.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
58 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Patong tailors help / is there wholesale review rigging ?

Try PeachTailors in Patong .Good quality suits made there and good service too .

7. Re: Patong tailors help / is there wholesale review rigging ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 August 2013, 10:17
Get answers to your questions about Patong