We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Phuket Drivers - Emma Promdach

Naremburn
Level Contributor
6 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Phuket Drivers - Emma Promdach

We have just returned from a ten day stay in Phuket and discovered by sheer luck an absolutely fabulous driver. Her name is Emma Promdach . She speaks excellent English as she went to school in England for several years. She has a great sense of humour and is extremely knowledgeable about all things Phuket has to offer. You can book her for a day or for individual trips and she is very fair/competitive with her pricing. Her contact details are as follows:

Email : taxigirl@windowslive.com or mobile : (+66)084-9535194

Lausanne...
Level Contributor
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Phuket Drivers - Emma Promdach

Hello,

We stayed in Patong in July/August 2012 and were lucky to find

a wonderful local who took us around everywhere we asked during our 10 day stay

If you are looking for an excellent driver with a 4x4 pickup Toyota with room for 4 people, I can strongly recommend Mr Jim, a local who speaks a bit English and is very loyal. I have kept his number in case of future clients.

Best

Andy

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Phuket Drivers - Emma Promdach

Whatever you do, beware of Sam. Quotes a rate and doesn't turn up after one day because he decides he has struck a bad deal after being put in full knowledge via emails etc.

Adelaide
Level Contributor
354 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Phuket Drivers - Emma Promdach

We have been using Mr Sam for years and wouldn't hesitate in recommending him to anyone! Great prices, reliable, good communication, mobile phone access 24/7, knowledgeable & a fully licensed for Travel Guide.

Not sure about the above post? Maybe someone else?

Sam :-)

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Phuket Drivers - Emma Promdach

Unfortunately it's the very same one.

Antipodes
Level Contributor
9,919 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Phuket Drivers - Emma Promdach

Why? ....because Sam is such an unusual name?

Would be nice to hear from any other regular contributors that have experienced Emma. If they too are favourable, perhaps then she could be considered for addition to the Phuket drivers list on he FAQs. I'm sure there'd be many members that would prefer the services of a lady driver.

Edited: 15 January 2013, 12:57
Adelaide
Level Contributor
354 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Phuket Drivers - Emma Promdach

RNKH, seems all 3 of your posts are just to discredit Mr Sam. Maybe take your personal issues somewhere else instead of slamming someone's name on here.

Thanks.

Phuket, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Kata Beach
Level Contributor
5,788 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Phuket Drivers - Emma Promdach

"RNKH, seems all 3 of your posts are just to discredit Mr Sam. Maybe take your personal issues somewhere else instead of slamming someone's name on here."

Everybody is entitled to his/her opinion, but do agree that in a thread about Emma there is no need to make the thread about Sam. But on the flip side, in how many posts have you talked positive about Sam?

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Phuket Drivers - Emma Promdach

David_and_Sam, you certainly seem to have an issue with someone having had an alternative view about Sam from 'Siam Intouch Tour'.

I had more than 10 email exchanges with him prior to my trip. Entire itinerary, number of persons and my resort location was discussed frankly with Sam. The charter was for 6 days. He quoted a rate and I accepted. I did not even bargain on the rate he quoted.

On the morning of the second day we were waiting for him and he sends the following message:

"Dear RNKH.

Please find out the other driver around the area your own. The deal we made not good for me at all. No profit because your villa is far from my home.

Sam"

I engaged him based on recommendations on this website. My experience with him has not been pleasant because I had to scramble to find an alternative charter so as not to ruin a holiday to celebrate a birthday in the family. So all I have said is to be aware that he is not very professional in the way he goes about his business. I am happy for you that you have had good experiences with Sam, but please do not accuse me of having personal issues and slamming Sam's name. Deal with your own issues!

I would have gladly put in a good recommendation if my experience had been a pleasant and professional one.

Get answers to your questions about Patong