We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

OMG!!! am freaking out!!!

gold coast
Level Contributor
221 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
OMG!!! am freaking out!!!

HI Guys,

I booked Holiday Inn a few months ago and today called to confirm and they told me my booking was cancelled. :(

I have email from 22/8 saying all was good, and then this today. I have called and unfortunately no one could speak english.... I have also emailed and usually they respond quite quickly but no response.... Any advice TA's????

gold coast
Level Contributor
221 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: OMG!!! am freaking out!!!

I forgot to mention we leave in 3 weeks.....

australia
Level Contributor
1,757 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: OMG!!! am freaking out!!!

Don't panic.

They may not have responded as they are trying to sort it out. Have you looked at other hotels for a back up plan?

I hope it all works out. But you should find accomodation. I just hope it wasn't paid.

gold coast
Level Contributor
221 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: OMG!!! am freaking out!!!

I would love any advice regarding hotels... we loved the Busakorn Wing last year and had/ have booked it this time. Im taking my parents this time... so something a bit flash??

Noosa, Australia
Level Contributor
1,464 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: OMG!!! am freaking out!!!

Hi,

Did you book direct through the HI? Or on another internet website, or through a travel agent?

If it’s through a travel agent, I wouldn’t worry – I’ve found out that sometimes the hotels aren’t advised of the names on the booking until about a week or even a few days before your arrival, they just know that a room has been booked. Just ask your TA to reconfirm for you, and it shouldn’t be a problem.

If you booked direct, (you’ve probably already done this) forward them the email from 22/8 showing the confirmation, and then ask them again to reconfirm using the details below. Did that confirmation email have a booking number or reference or anything? If so, mention that in the email, as well as the names of all people in the room and your dates. I’m not sure what you would do if you booked through a third-party website, as I’ve never actually done that.

Hopefully it all gets sorted out for you! How long ago did you book, and have you paid?

Stelle

Sydney
Level Contributor
2 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: OMG!!! am freaking out!!!

I would suggest calling the centralised booking number for the Intercontinental Hotels Group- which Holiday Inn is a part of. I think that their booking system is centralised for every single hotel/resort in the entire chain so just quoting your booking number should be all you need.

Good luck!!

gold coast
Level Contributor
221 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: OMG!!! am freaking out!!!

HI I booked direct as i stayed their last yr and booked about 3 months ago... have been in contact with them about once a month. She didn't give me a booking number or reference but gave us room numbers and the amount it will cost once we get there. Im more worried about actually having somewhere fabulous to stay.... Loved it so much last time... and wanted to show my parents and my son...

gold coast
Level Contributor
221 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: OMG!!! am freaking out!!!

Thank you Aussie Travel.... I have called them and they have the booking as active... Phew!!!! False alarm thank goodness..... that women totally had me freaking out lol I had sooooo talked up the holiday inn to parents and son ;)

Phuket Thailand
Level Contributor
3,589 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: OMG!!! am freaking out!!!

Hi Kell. Send me a pm if you have any more trouble. I have a contact there I can ask to follow up for you.

All the best,

Mark.

Phuket Sail Tours.

Mentioned in this post
Phuket Sail Tours
Phuket Sail Tours
3,329 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
gold coast
Level Contributor
221 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: OMG!!! am freaking out!!!

i have just been informed that is there is a problem and i will hear from them within 48hrs, so fingers crossed...thank you mark i appreciate it. We Will see you soon for 2 tours im booking at the moment.... cant wait... What life without a little excitement haha

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Patong
Level Contributor
4,390 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: OMG!!! am freaking out!!!

hope it all sorts out soon and that you can relax and look fed to your holiday

Michelle

Get answers to your questions about Patong