We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fantasea - yes or no?

Bindii76
Level Contributor
125 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Fantasea - yes or no?

I've heard different things from different people.

Some say you have to see it once - the kids will love it.

Others say it's weird.

Your thoughts??

Gold Coast...
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Fantasea - yes or no?

Hi Bindi, we did Fantasy last year, kids were 16 & 11 both boys, to be honest the Buffett food was lousy, miss that If you can, the entrance & walking down main st is something to see. The Tiger jungle tour (free) is definitely worth seeing before show, if u see baby elephants ask to feed them, again free. Most of the show is good although some of it is funky weird & boys didn't understand it but it was all history. I would rate the show 7/10 & food 4/10 cheers

Phuket
Destination Expert
for Patong
Level Contributor
3,692 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fantasea - yes or no?

Hi Bindi, I have done it twice, took along a 4yo and he still talks about it 6 months later. Its not a "must do" but you will be glad you did it.

The buffet is often mentioned on TA. I am a big fan, but I live here, so maybe I am used to poor food, but I found the buffet a highlight. It adds $6 to your ticket price.

Bowen, Australia
Level Contributor
309 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fantasea - yes or no?

Oh I loved Fantasea so much!!! Do it, do it!! I sent friends to it earlier this year and they also loved it. I'm always surprised when people say meh, it was OK...it was fab!! I did the full package with pick up/drop off/gold seats/buffet - I personally wouldn't bother with the buffet next time I go back, but was happy to do it once, pretty amazing restaurant, it can seat 4000 people at once. We loved the park itself and saw everything we could see. The only thing I can think of is go to the show at least half an hour before it starts as we missed the photo opportunities with the baby tigers etc...and I will admit that the first 5 mintues of the show I thought uh oh...but seriously the rest of the show I sat there in wonder...magical!

Brisbane...
Level Contributor
63 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fantasea - yes or no?

Food is average, but the show makes up for it. Incredible

Hyderabad, India
Level Contributor
3,084 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fantasea - yes or no?

I have seen Siam Niramit show in Bangkok. Is it something different or same kind of.

Also is there any place or tour agents who can give Fantesia tickets for cheap? Hotels2thailand is giving at THB 1239 (show only)

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,035 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Fantasea - yes or no?

I guess it depends on what shows you've seen in your life... If I were to sum it up in one word, that word would be "lame". At one stage, we were expected to applaud various farm animals running across the stage... Don't be expecting cirque de soleil. A lot of it reminded me of the TV specials on World Famous circus performances I watched as a kid. OK for the seventies, but now... So glad we didn't drag our 16 & 18 y.o. teenage kids along, I couldn't have stood the rolling of eyes. One highlight was the slow motion sword fight scene, but apart from that... lame. We did enjoy walking around the complex and the different shops.

Gold Coast
Level Contributor
5,701 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Fantasea - yes or no?

It is the one place I have not been to. Have also to make up my mind.

Australia
Level Contributor
57 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Fantasea - yes or no?

Yes, went with 88 yr old mother - expected kitsch and was pleasantly surprised. It was Thailand meets Bollywood with a bit of circus thrown in. And yes some of it was kitsch but it was fun. Would go again just to see what I missed.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
396 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Fantasea - yes or no?

hi, my son (13) and I went to the show only (no dinner). We thought the show was fantastic. You didnt know if you should look at the stage or up at the ceiling or to the side because something was always going on. Young kids wouldnt understand the meaning of the show but I think from 10 and above should. I suggest getting their earlier so you have time to see everything outside before you have to go in for the show.

The Roo
Level Contributor
83 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Fantasea - yes or no?

I'd go. Its your holiday and unless you go to Thailand every other holiday I think it adds to the experience, you probably expect some of the food you will eat not to be A+ but you will try it anyway, same with Fantasea.

I have two boys aged 9 and 12 so will be taking them for sure. I have seen Fantasea before and possibly would have given it a miss if the kids weren't with us.