We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Singapore Airlines to Phuket

Deception Bay...
Level Contributor
247 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Singapore Airlines to Phuket

Hi there,

We leave Brisbane on the 13th Oct to Singapore on Singapore Airlines, then Silk Air to Phuket.

Can anyone tell me if we go through immigration, and do we have to collect our bags when we get to Singapore, or are they transferred for us. We only have 1 hour in Singapore before leaving on Silk Air, is that giving us enough time. Thanks for any advice.

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Phuket
Level Contributor
2,098 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Singapore Airlines to Phuket

Hi There,

You will need to check your ticketing as it will say if your are transiting through Singapore or not. If you booked direct to Phuket i would say its a transit flight and therefore your baggage will go straight through. I guess also with only an hour between flights that would not be enough time to clear customs and immigration and recheck so the odds are its a transit flight.

Cheers, Pete

australia
Level Contributor
882 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Singapore Airlines to Phuket

Hi we go with Singapore from Adelaide each year luggage sent right through to Phuket, you get your boarding pass for Singapore at Brisbane. You will need to go straight to gate at Singapore for Phuket as they will be boarding almost immediatly you arrive at gate . Where the plane lands its at another terminal so you have to get sky train over to other. Dont worry my hubby is blind so we are the last to leave the plane and haven't missed flight yet. If your in doubt about where to go once in Singapore just arrange to have assitance in Sing and they will have a person waiting at gate when you land to take you to other gate but it is very well sign posted with directions. My sister flew from Sydney one year and it was the same we met her at the gate for Phuket in Singapore. Oh no you dont go through immigration etc just the normal sercurity at gate. Hope this helps.

Edited: 01 October 2012, 00:28
Bangkok
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Singapore Airlines to Phuket

Relax, no worries :)

Your baggage will be checked all the way through ( just check that at Brisbane you see 'HKT' on the baggage labels, that means Phuket ). the label should show both SIN and HKT

You will receive boarding cards for Brisbane to Singapore and then other boarding cards for Singapore to Phuket ( make sure you keep them in your carry-on in a place you will remember )

That transfer you should be fine, I know it sounds tight but Singapore Airlines do this regular and I have had tighter than that and always worked fine. When you get off the plane in Singapore look for the flight number of the board for Phuket and head to that gate area.

You will probably not be the only ones connecting to that flight

Gold Coast
Level Contributor
5,960 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Singapore Airlines to Phuket

Have done this flight, no problems. Luggage goes straight through.

Deception Bay...
Level Contributor
247 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Singapore Airlines to Phuket

Thanks Guys appreciate the info :)

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
402 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Singapore Airlines to Phuket

we just did it from brisbane. normally going over you are in the same terminal just a different gate which is well signposted and easy to find. bags are checked to go straight though so only airport security to go through. on the way home you normally land at terminal 2 and have to go to terminal 3 and then maybe another sky train to your plateform as we did this time, but easy to follow even if tired. you don't need to fill out arrival/departure from singapore as you are just in airport. our flight last friday ran late from Phuket and we had only 20 mins to get to next one and i must admit it was funny watching and running with all the other aussies to next plane we all made it though and had to catch 2 skytrains. there were some rude people that pushed you almost out of their way but as so many on flight then had to wait for us anyway.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
536 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Singapore Airlines to Phuket

We do Singapore/Silkair all the time, no probs but we have a longer transit time with flights from Perth.

One thing to remember, if you take duty free alcohol from Brisbane it will be confiscated at the gate in Singapore as it will exceed the 100ml liquid limit. The routine is to buy your booze in Changi, they transfer your purchase to your gate securely where you pick it up and take it on board. With only an hour this could be tricky, go to your gate first and determine how much time you have left, then, if there's a bit of time, go to the nearest DF store and ask whether they're still accepting purchases for your flight, if so, go ahead, you must have your boarding pass with you too (passport? don't remember, keep all your documents with you just in case). If all is lost you can also buy alcohol in arrivals at Phuket so don't worry.

I haven't tried but you might like to explore buying online from a store in Changi and have them deliver to the gate ready for you to pick up. I don't know if this is possible but it might be worth investigating.

australia
Level Contributor
882 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Singapore Airlines to Phuket

Regarding duty free, in Adelaide we pay an extra $1 for a tamper proof bag and have no problems at Singapore when boarding plane for Phuket. I have been stopped for having a water bottle but never been questioned regarding duty free.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
103 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Singapore Airlines to Phuket

We did this recently. No problem with checking bags through to Phuket. You just need to move reasonably quickly to get to your departure gate. There were lots of people on our flight doing the same thing. Duty free was fine also as long as its in the tamper proof bag. Our arrival and departure gates were in the same terminal so it was just a fast paced walk from one gate to another.

Deception Bay...
Level Contributor
247 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Singapore Airlines to Phuket

Great news, sounds pretty easy , Thanks to TA friends. :)