We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone tried a good tailor in Patong for simple alterations

sydney
Level Contributor
56 posts
78 reviews
Save Topic
Anyone tried a good tailor in Patong for simple alterations

Hi,I have tried one guy Bobby the tailor who is great for guys clothes but womens is a disaster! Anyone actually tried someone and been happy in the Patong area? I just need hems adjusted,etc.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,418 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anyone tried a good tailor in Patong for simple alterations

Good trick is to take a pattern or a picture of an item you want made -We have found that works well

sydney
Level Contributor
56 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anyone tried a good tailor in Patong for simple alterations

Sadly even that does not work. Bobby the tailor had an item to copy and myself to measure. The item was quite different and stained! So you cant be too careful. I dont need anything copied. I have given that dream away!

Darkan, Australia
Level Contributor
655 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anyone tried a good tailor in Patong for simple alterations

Hello

Don't know what hotel you are staying at but your hotel may have a tailor within the hotel complex. That could be a good place to start.

sydney
Level Contributor
56 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anyone tried a good tailor in Patong for simple alterations

Thanks Five star. No no tailor in the hotel. I used to live in asia and use tailors. I dont just want to pick a random tailor. Some cant even sew straight lines,like myself! I want to use someone that has been tried by somebody else. There are loads of Tailors in Patong I would just prefer to find one that can do a respectable job.

New York City
Level Contributor
54 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Anyone tried a good tailor in Patong for simple alterations

If you are willing to trek to Kata, please go to New Boss. My friends and I used three different tailors during our tenure and Thailand and New Boss was the best. They were knowledable and extremely quick! Good luck. Let me know if you end up using them.

Level Contributor
48 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Anyone tried a good tailor in Patong for simple alterations

I have just come back from Patong and my friend had 2 dresses, pants and also had a few things fixed up while she was there.... Can't remember the name of the place, but its at the beach end of Bangla rd, on your left if you're looking at the beach. Lastbplace on your left, there is a clothing stall and tour desk out front and the tailor is behind this... cant miss it. The girls name is Julia, and her brother does the work.... Quality job!

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Level Contributor
104 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Anyone tried a good tailor in Patong for simple alterations

Kiwi,

Was the name Mike Tailor? Aussie Tailor? You can confirm using www.mapjack.com :)

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
6 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Anyone tried a good tailor in Patong for simple alterations

Be careful when you get alterations done.. it could end badly if done in Thailand,

sydney
Level Contributor
56 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Anyone tried a good tailor in Patong for simple alterations

STAY AWAY FROM GRACE LAND COLLECTION "tailors"

I did try to find someone good. These tailors I can warn you about. Thank goodness I didnt get them to do more for me. I had 8 things changed. Mostly clothes just taken in. 3 of the items were simple shirts that were very long and I wanted them taken up at the back and front. Sounds simple,it should have been. When I picked them up I could see they looked odd,they assured me they were fine. I was hot and sticky so I didnt try them on. When I did try them later I found the that not only were the back of the shirts shorter then the front they were shorter in the middle and longer at the sides. So these "tailors" cant even sew a straight line! The shirts are ruined and unwearable,there was no point going back. My advice...run dont walk past these guys,unless you are happy with sewing that even pre school children could surpass.They dont even do the sewing themselves,its all farmed out.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,875 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Anyone tried a good tailor in Patong for simple alterations

umm 'copied and pasted????"