We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi Driver Recommendations

cardiff
Level Contributor
448 posts
108 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi Driver Recommendations

Following on from the doubtful posts about local taxi drivers, can anyone HONESTLY give me a name and mobile number of a taxi driver in Patong who is reasonable and reliable? My husband and I will be there in a few weeks and I would like to be able to have a number in my phone and kno that I will not be ripped off.

Mentioned in this post
Patong
Patong
Phuket, Thailand
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,435 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi Driver Recommendations

Have a look at Peter R's post with driver Lek Landon

cardiff
Level Contributor
448 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi Driver Recommendations

I have and it seems that it is very suspicious.

Bendigo, Australia
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi Driver Recommendations

Hi Debbie,

Feel free to pm me if you if you have any concerns about my thread and how it's been attacked and deleted by the wise ones.

Cheers,

Peter

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
747 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi Driver Recommendations

Hi Debbie

A driver I have used many times is Mr Chai his number is 0815695356. I have also used Panya in the past you can find his details along with other drivers in the reccomended drivers list. Also we have used many drivers that we have met on the street with no problems just negotiate a price first. Nearly all drivers will ask if you would like to go to certain places as they receive commissions so just say no if not interested.

cardiff
Level Contributor
448 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi Driver Recommendations

Thank you. Dave

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
747 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxi Driver Recommendations

Hi Debbie

Just found Panya's number 0878002705

He is always very busy but if you can get him it's worth it.

7. Re: Taxi Driver Recommendations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 December 2013, 17:15
Get answers to your questions about Patong