We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alone in Patong for 2 days

Which Patong hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
5 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Alone in Patong for 2 days

I've decided to spend NYE in Patong. Thing is, my friend has to work first and will be flying in on the 31st while I'm gonna be flying in tonight. I just wanna chillout on the beach and probably squeeze in some easy 5K around the place (I'm a runner). My question is, any tips of areas I should stay away from and things that I shouldn't do in Patong? It'll be my first time there. Oh btw, I'm a lady. :) Thanks

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
1,355 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Alone in Patong for 2 days

just be smart

stay away form dark alleys and places where there aren't too many people

Patong is fairly safe - my cousin spent 2 weeks there by herself.

maybe go for a run in the Gym (or take a lot of water with you it can get very hot!)

Phuket
Destination Expert
for Patong
Level Contributor
3,567 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Alone in Patong for 2 days

Run along the beach, lots of others do it too, especially early in the day.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,473 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Alone in Patong for 2 days

The beaches are great in the morning . My wife always tells me about it . I choose to sleep.

South Australia...
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Ko Lanta
Level Contributor
8,866 posts
414 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Alone in Patong for 2 days

Haha two4travel, need a like button:)

Lots of people running on the beach early mornings, depending how you work it you can do a 5k run along Patong Beach easily, very safe as there are restaurants open quite early plus a couple of toilet blocks along the way etc.

I would only do it in daylight though. I am often on my own in Phuket & no problems at all, just be aware like you would be at home.

Cathy

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
5 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Alone in Patong for 2 days

Thank you guys for the tips. Got my 5K fix early this morning before it started raining. Yesterday, I spent the entire day hanging out at the beach. I guess the only setback of being alone is during night time when leisurely walking the streets of Phuket isn't really a good idea - if you're an Asian lady. :-/

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
37 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Alone in Patong for 2 days

is it raining there ? :-/

ohhh i'm getting there tomorrow and i hope it doesn't rain a lot there otherwise i'll be missing some adventures i guess..

Los Angeles...
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Alone in Patong for 2 days

@ Murray, It rained here last night and this morning but it wasn't too bad. It has stopped now and lightly rains off and on every few hours! Hasn't down poured or anything!

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
37 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Alone in Patong for 2 days

Thanks for your comment RonRob,

just had a look at the predicted forecast for Phuket for the next week and it's not too bright at all !! hope it won't effect as much though

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
5 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Alone in Patong for 2 days

ronrob79 is right, it was pretty damp since last night but only light rain and cool breeze. It stopped at noon but around 4PM there was another quick shower. The crowd, myself included didn't really mind at all. It was business as usual - swimming, shopping, strolling.

Keeping my fingers crossed for a sunny day tomorrow. :)

10. Re: Alone in Patong for 2 days

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 January 2014, 10:16