We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

lift from airport to Patong Beach

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Topic
lift from airport to Patong Beach

Hi can somebody reccomend a company which is not expensive and it can be booked to take us from the airport to Hotel at patong Beach?

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
416 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: lift from airport to Patong Beach

Hi Mara, We were there in July and just caught a Taxi Mini Bus from airport to our hotel in Patong and it cost us 1200 Baht (About $40) we had our 2 littlies with us, 2 suitcases and 2 other bags so we wouldn't have fitted into a normal taxi which would have been cheaper.

However going back to airport we only paid 800 Baht for same thing..

We always just figure to get from airport to our hotel's doorstep in comfort (Even though we probably got ripped off a bit) we are happy to pay that as it is still a lot cheaper than here anyway!!!

I'm sure you could bargain to get it cheaper.. But we always can't be bothered and just want to get out of the airport and into our digs and a cold Chang!!!!!!

Phuket
Destination Expert
for Patong
Level Contributor
3,811 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: lift from airport to Patong Beach

Yes, its easy to arrange. Its a nice touch to see a driver holding up a board with your name on it as you exit the terminal building.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
21 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: lift from airport to Patong Beach

Last time i was there i just walked out front and got taxi (unmarked private cars) for about 800 Baht. Does your hotel not offer pick up service?

London, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: lift from airport to Patong Beach

you can get a taxi from the taxi rank turn right out of airport doors for 700bht

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
112 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: lift from airport to Patong Beach

Many shared mini vans outside terminal.

2-300 baht.

Oakville
Level Contributor
1 post
108 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: lift from airport to Patong Beach

The ride from airport to hotels in Patong can be arranged inside the treminal on a shared ride basis in a minivan for about 2- 300 baht / person....HOWEVER.. they do make a 10 - 15 minute stop at a booking agency to try to sell you other tours at prices above what you can negotiate once you get to Patong area.

The problemn is the return trip will be 800 baht by taxi or likely 900 baht if your hotel has a van service. Negotiate with a taxi and you can get for 700B.

The taxis have all conspired and fixed their prices for all destinations and will not run on meters to give you a fair deal. The 35ish km ride to the airport at 800 B is ridiculous when we taxi from bangkok Suvarabhumi to our house ( also a 35Km ride ) for 270 B including highway tolls.

Phuket is a very poor destination in our opinion with issues like this, the same with overpriced massage, tours,restaurants, theater shows and bars. The Patong area reeks of sewage smells everywhere, you will be inundated with hawkers for suits, massage , bars, restaurants, taxis,"Ping - Pong " sex shows, photos with animal handlers and ladyboys.

My advice is to stay away from this now God forsaken hole with filthy beach, dirty streets and pesty people.

I never thought I would say this but Pattaya is better and cheaper.

Phuket is useful only as a connection to other southern islands where you can enjoy clean beaches, water and the idyllic scenes thatthe brochures and websites display.

Edited: 03 January 2013, 17:58
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: lift from airport to Patong Beach

Thanks but I'm traveling with 2 teenagers and a child. So we have 3 suit cases to fit and as we are arriving late I thought it would be good to have a lift ready.,

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
50 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: lift from airport to Patong Beach

Hi Mara

There are several drivers that always get recommendations on here. My son and his g/f used Daj only several days ago. He can be reached at this email: kanidash@hotmail.com. Also, there is Manop - m_pukpaya@hotmail.com and Panya - panyak2009@live.com. Just send anyone of them an email. All highly recommended on here as said.

All the best,

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: lift from airport to Patong Beach

Thanks for your help

Cardiff, South Wales
Level Contributor
7 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: lift from airport to Patong Beach

Hi Mara

I have visited Patong lots over the past 6 years, I am here at the moment.

The following company has never let me down. Booked in advance and they will be at airport.

http://www.phuketshuttle.com/

Get answers to your questions about Patong
Recent Conversations