We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Special Phuket dinner - suggestions ...

Melbourne
Level Contributor
17 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Special Phuket dinner - suggestions ...

Hi everyone

I'm looking for suggestions for a really nice restaurant for my 30th . We're going out to dinner and there will be 2 small children aswell , we're staying in patong but open to taking tuk tuk a small distance .

Preferences are view (beach) , beautiful seafood and generally a bit better than all the other central patong seafood restaurants .

Any suggestions would be great .

Thanks

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
3,084 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Special Phuket dinner - suggestions ...

Baan Rim Pa on the headland between Patong and Kalim at the north end.....

Similar prices to Aussie restaurants @ around $30/head depending on what you order.....

This restaurant overlooks the Andaman Sea,above a rocky shoreline and gazing thru a filtered tree view to the ocean....Listening to the sounds of waves breaking against the rocks as you dine is absolutely fabulous.....

Gold Coast
Level Contributor
5,694 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Special Phuket dinner - suggestions ...

Mom Tri's Kitchen is also very good but is in Kata, which is much further away than Baan Rim.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
21 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Special Phuket dinner - suggestions ...

The pool side dining at Sawaddi Patong Resort...i had my 40th birthday there a few years back with my wife and kids, very family friendly resort.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Special Phuket dinner - suggestions ...

Mom Tri's is always my choice for a special occasion; wonderful food and spectacular views.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Special Phuket dinner - suggestions ...

+1 for Mom Tris, I've also been to Joes Downstairs few times. Great atmosphere/view. Food is good, but not quite Mom Tris (up on the headland, not boathouse)

Victoria, Australia
Level Contributor
1,566 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Special Phuket dinner - suggestions ...

Another vote for Mom Tris.

Linda

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,402 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Special Phuket dinner - suggestions ...

On the rock restaurant at the Marina Phuket hotel in Karon is nice. Overlooking the water in amongst gardens. Lots of reviews in TA.

http://www.marinaphuket.com/restaurants.html

London England
Level Contributor
15 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Special Phuket dinner - suggestions ...

I think you would really enjoy catch club on Surin beach . It is right on the beach , serves lovely food and has a nice atmosphere .

South Australia...
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Ko Lanta
Level Contributor
8,915 posts
416 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Special Phuket dinner - suggestions ...

We have been to Joes Downstairs, On the Rocks, 9th Floor, Baan Rim Pa etc but for a special night out none compare to the setting, food, service at Mom Tri's Kitchen:)

But as you are taking small children it needs to be fun for them as well with room for them to run around etc, so I would say none of the above lol.

Maybe Sabai Beach restaurant on Patong Beach, at least the kids can play etc on the sand & won't have to just sit still doing nothing, better than an average basic restaurant. Another nice one with the kids is Baan Suan Layan, very different decor, lots of beautiful wooden furniture, waterfalls inside, ponds outside, kids can feed the fish, also a playground, peacocks, chickens, pigs running around outside lol. But maybe no seafood.

Cathy

Brisbane...
Level Contributor
63 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Special Phuket dinner - suggestions ...

Another vote for mom tri's

Get answers to your questions about Patong