We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Horizon Patong Beach Resort OR Sunset Beach Resort

Which Patong hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
7 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Horizon Patong Beach Resort OR Sunset Beach Resort

Any advice as to which would be the better hotel to stay?

We are 2 or 3 couples travelling together - ages ranging between 27 and 32.

Any help / advice / tips / info would be greatly appreciated.

Ps. The Seaview Patong is a bit more expensive... Is it worth it to rather go with it instead of one of the above?

Johannesburg, South...
Level Contributor
7 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Horizon Patong Beach Resort OR Sunset Beach Resort

Stayed at the Sunset Beach Hotel two years ago. Lovely botel, rooms, good pools. The only draw back for me was that it was too far from shopping centre and restaurants. We are going again this April, but to the Horizon. Think Horizon hotel is more budget, but location lots better. Close to beach, shops restaurants. Save lots on transport! Book deluxe room, bigger with pool view.

Edited: 15 February 2013, 21:32
Level Contributor
26 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Horizon Patong Beach Resort OR Sunset Beach Resort

I would deffinately go with the Horizon. I have stayed at both places and the Horizon as mentioned is a much better location and my opinion much better hotel fullstop. contact me if you want more info :)

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,915 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Horizon Patong Beach Resort OR Sunset Beach Resort

Some of the rooms at the Horizon are worse than others, if you can get a family room or a room above the breakfast area these are the best options, if you are not happy with your room do tell them and you may get moved.

I didn't mind the Horizon, it is in a great location, close to the beach, shops, OTOP and my friend Exquisite Tours Bar and tour office, so for me the location alone makes it a winner.

Brisbane
Level Contributor
93 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Horizon Patong Beach Resort OR Sunset Beach Resort

I stayed at the Sunset in April 2012 for 12 nights. I did like the place. The rooms are spacious and simple. Big bed, comfortable and we (like most rooms) had a balcony overlooking the pool. Big enough for a couple of seats and a small table. The pool was great and large enough that there were always sunbeds to use. The umbrellas provided good shade (even if a few were a bit hard to operate at first, they needed a good dose of WD-40!). We hired mopeds from the hotel for a reasonable price, can't remember excatly what we paid though. The beach out the front has a rocky bottom but I found that it was OK to have a quick dip every now and then, usually when sitting on the hotel provided chairs on the beach enjoying a couple of drinks. The other thing I liked was there was a minimart just down the road towards patong. The only thing that I found mildy frustrating was the distance to Bangla rd. The hotel provides a free shuttle bus to adn from teh hotel to bangla rd, but it finishes at 9pm (I think) and runs every half hour. Very convenient if you dont mind syncing your schedule with the times. We almost booked sunset again for our next trip in June, but opted for a hotel closer to the action. Mainly because my wife likes to buy a lot of stuff and I get sick of carting it around, or back an forth to the hotel.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
752 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Horizon Patong Beach Resort OR Sunset Beach Resort

I have stayed at both, seaview is more expensive,but is at the quiet end of beach rd.,a long walk to 'activity'.

Breakfasts were good.Could not find fault there.One thing i found delightful-on ground floor at the back of the building, they had large urns with plants etc., & many had goldfish swimming around in them.

Horizon have stayed at recently & going back there in october 2013.Mainly due to locality & pricing.

It definately needs upgrading as rooms are tired, BUT its close to beach & rat u thit rd.,

breakfasts were adequate.room service was fairly cheap & good.

yes you do need to complain if something is wrong as i did when they put us in a smelly room-had been flooded with rains & not dried out properly so i said move us & next day they did.

Caloundra, Australia
Level Contributor
691 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Horizon Patong Beach Resort OR Sunset Beach Resort

Horizon Beach is great. the rooms have been refurbished, book deluxe as I know these are the best rooms, ask for ground floor around the back pool.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
752 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Horizon Patong Beach Resort OR Sunset Beach Resort

already booked a family room,but nice to hear they have done the place up.

8. Re: Horizon Patong Beach Resort OR Sunset Beach Resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 April 2014, 07:15
Get answers to your questions about Patong