We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Traveling solo to Phuket. Your tips please...

Which Patong hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Minneapolis...
10 posts
Save Topic
Traveling solo to Phuket. Your tips please...

I'm going to Patong in a few days (solo female traveler). I have nothing planned besides my hotel. I'm wondering if the forum can provide some suggestions...

Where can I get massages? How much do they cost?

Are there fish spas in Thailand (for your feet) and where is a good place to go for that?

Where can I shop for clothing and fabrics which are more authentic to SE Asia? Where should I go for shopping for jewelry and accessories (purses)? Is there anywhere cheap to buy luggage in Phuket?

Where is the best place go snorkeling? Do I need to take a boat trip for snorkeling? Are there other day trips that you would recommend? I enjoy beautiful scenery, religious sites (temples), surfing, snorkeling, and great food.

What else should I do as a solo traveler? And will it be easy to meet people there to hang out with (not scammers)?

Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Traveling solo to Phuket. Your tips please...

Massages places are everywhere but if you want a good one just look for the places that wear uniforms as the others are lets say happy ending places that more than likely will result in you feelsng worse lol as for fish places there everywhere just take a ride round on a scooter failing that ask in ur hotel

australia
Level Contributor
1,294 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Traveling solo to Phuket. Your tips please...

everything you have mentioned is in Patong you will not have a problem

like Blessed said look for the uniformed ones for a "legit" massage our favorite is Patong synergy in soi post office they have a fish spa too but im not sure if it does anything besides the novelty and forget it if your ticklish.

massages are usually 300bht ($10US) there are markets stalls all over patong so you will be spoilt for choice, you will get the hang of brgaining very quickly usually offer 1/3 of what they ask and end up somewhere ner half of their asking price.

for snorkeling take a phi phi island day cruise, you visit several islands and you get the chance to snorkel at a couple of loications along the way, this is a day trip and costs around $60-80US food included.

book at a street tour desk way more cheaper than hotel booking or onlne

then island hopper cruise is good.

if you message me I will give you the number of my driver Mr Pong he will do a day trip for you which includes temples, elephant ride, chalong temple and many nice spots along the way this is a day trip and will cost around $35US but thats for the driver no extras included except he will provide cold water

check the forum out and ask plenty of questions and youll be fine.

have a nice trip! when will u be there and for how long?

Edited: 03 February 2013, 12:06
Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
1,355 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Traveling solo to Phuket. Your tips please...

Where can I get massages? How much do they cost?

A: Yes they are everywhere, depending how long and what type around $250-800 Baht per hour.

Are there fish spas in Thailand (for your feet) and where is a good place to go for that?

A: yes they are also everywhere - they are awesome!

Where can I shop for clothing and fabrics which are more authentic to SE Asia? Where should I go for shopping for jewelry and accessories (purses)? Is there anywhere cheap to buy luggage in Phuket?

A: you can go to the Patong markets otherwise check out Phuket Town Night markets (weekends only) they arent as pushy and sell heaps of different things. Yes luggage is pretty easy to get in Patong :)

Where is the best place go snorkeling? Do I need to take a boat trip for snorkeling? Are there other day trips that you would recommend? I enjoy beautiful scenery, religious sites (temples), surfing, snorkeling, and great food.

A: you could try a trip to Phi Phi island or Coral island. A tour around the island might be nice

What else should I do as a solo traveler? And will it be easy to meet people there to hang out with (not scammers)?

A: there are heaps of bars around the place im sure you will meet people just be yourself and be friendly :)

We went to Phuket in October - chekc out the below it might give you some ideas :) otherwise please message me im happy to help :)

www.travellingking.com/category/phuket/

http://www.travellingking.com/tour-of-phuket/

travellingking.com/a-few-sights-of-patong/

www.travellingking.com/phuket-town-markets/

http://www.travellingking.com/phi-phi-island/

Im still working on Phuket so feel free to Subscribe or check back now and then for updates :) But like i said feel freee to message me im happy to help :)

Good luck and have fun!

Level Contributor
24 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Traveling solo to Phuket. Your tips please...

have you checked out cathyandgarystravelpages great place to start to find most of your answers i think :)

Rockhampton...
Level Contributor
92 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Traveling solo to Phuket. Your tips please...

Make sure you ask to see the back rooms for handbags etc!!

6. Re: Traveling solo to Phuket. Your tips please...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 February 2014, 05:18