We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

scooter hire

Which Patong hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Shoalhaven...
Level Contributor
22 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
scooter hire

How much would I exspect to pay per day for scooter hire and where is the best place to hire them from cheers.

Chiang Klang...
Level Contributor
902 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: scooter hire

Anything from 150-350 baht. BUT never under any circumstances leave your passport with these shops, and be aware of some of the scams that operate in relation to damage. The most important aspect is the danger - 70% of the already high accident rate involves scooters/motorbikes.

Here's how to stay legal:

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g293915-c133830/Thail…

Darwin, Australia
Level Contributor
1,405 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: scooter hire

My first comment is PLEASE be careful, riding a scooter in Phuket is NOTHING like riding in NSW, do you have a motor license as most insurance company's (check fine print) will not cover you unless you are a licensed motor bike rider and as stated above there is a VERY high motor bike accident rate over there & most of them are caused by tourists either under the influence of alchol or being stupid, have a safe trip.

TX

Shoalhaven...
Level Contributor
22 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: scooter hire

Thank you yes I have licance i ride a bike and riden in bali many times .First time in Thailand though.

Shoalhaven...
Level Contributor
22 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: scooter hire

Thank you we always take photos of the scooters with the agent in them so we can see the damage before we take it.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
3,083 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: scooter hire

Hi MGT....I usually rent a scooter from a place that is close by my hotel/resort....

Easy to pick up and return....

Some hotels have their own scooters or can arrange a rental for you and you don't have to leave a passport(As rubarabbit say,never ever leave your passport with a renter)or a deposit,however prices are higher renting from hotels.....Almost double or so...

Leaving a deposit is also at risk of the renter saying you scratched his bike and ask you to forfeit some or all of your deposit.....

So it depends on where you're staying...??....Phuket is a big island...!!

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
419 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: scooter hire

For make sure you can ask the place recommend from your reception at hotel you stay.Because they will know which one make problem many time with them customer !!

Cost is 150 - 400 depend the size you rent

Shoalhaven...
Level Contributor
22 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: scooter hire

Thank you for your advise I think I'm staying at the Nap hotel in patong. Yer been to Bali a few times always careful.

Edited: 04 February 2013, 22:53
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
3,083 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: scooter hire

I just google mapped The Nap Hotel.....There is a scooter rental place a short walk away from the Nap....It is situated one street away from Nap heading east or inland and on the same side of the street as Nap....Very close....!!....

So when you walk out front of the Nap,turn left walk till you reach the soi(side street)look left and there are the scooters for rent.....

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
3,083 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: scooter hire

The Aspery Hotel is on the corner where the scooter rental place is up the street...!!

Shoalhaven...
Level Contributor
22 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: scooter hire

Thank you for your time.

Get answers to your questions about Patong