We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Burasari vs Holiday Inn Resort ?

Which Patong hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Burasari vs Holiday Inn Resort ?

Friends,

I am planning a trip to Phuket in April. I have not yet booked my accomodation. I am choosing between Burasari and Holiday Inn Resort. My budget allows only their standard rooms and incidentally both are priced similarly. I will be visiting with my family and would like to stay at a walking distance from Patong beach and market place.

So which one of these two resorts are better or say more desirable ? your comments would help me make a better choice I guess. In pictures shown on Tripadvisor, Burasari looks traditional and picturesque but mostly it is their pool access rooms which seem to be special, on the other hand Holiday Inn looks classy all round, though a bit ubiquitous. Please advise.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,035 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Burasari vs Holiday Inn Resort ?

2 quite different resorts. Resort style and boutique style. Location wise, they are next to each other.

Burasari is lovely to walk through and in and around the pool area, but it is also quite compact. As much as i liked the look of it I could not cope with being so close to everyone else around the pool area. My wife would also be craving the sun. I get the strong suspicion that you want to be in one of the more expensive rooms. But hey, a room is a room, and you don't spend a lot of time in it. If you would like a more boutique hotel experience, and like the company of other travellers, stay here.

Holiday Inn is a larger resort and a class above most other similar sized resorts in Patong. I always thought it a little white bread, but after another look, no longer think that. It's just "nice". Even if in a standard room, you are able to use the Busakorn pool, but not the towels or pool lounges there. It is a quality establishment and you feel a little special in its bars and restaurants. Beautiful fittings and lovely open spaces wherever you turn. Sam's steakhouse is the bomb. If you want a quality, albeit slightly westernised resort stay, stay here.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Burasari vs Holiday Inn Resort ?

Thank you sir !! It really helped.

Mindarie, Australia
Level Contributor
956 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Burasari vs Holiday Inn Resort ?

why not look at the patong merlin the grounds are fantastic and the price is cheaper than the holiday inn we have stayed a both but our preference is definitely the merlin not quite so clinical if you know what i mean

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
4,382 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Burasari vs Holiday Inn Resort ?

H.I would be my pick in Patong.

Cheers.

Ferntree Gully...
Level Contributor
1,271 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Burasari vs Holiday Inn Resort ?

I have stayed in both, Holiday Inn wins hands down. The service is fantastic, I had a pool access room at Burasari, and it was nice with the beautiful gardens, but way too close to everyone else, as gocdaworld said.

I actually spent a lot of time at the HI , at their restaurants , did not like the food at Burasari.

Maz.

Ferntree Gully...
Level Contributor
1,271 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Burasari vs Holiday Inn Resort ?

I just had a look at the Burasari's reviews, a lot of wonderful comments from one review guests !!!!

Edited: 07 March 2013, 00:25
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
84 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Burasari vs Holiday Inn Resort ?

Hi Guys,

Yep have to agree with Marilyjoy, i have stayed at both also, the pools at the Burasuri are much smaller and shaded i like a bit more sunshine.

I stayed in the grand deluxe room really nice room but balcony just faced the Merlin rooms next door no veiw not that i spent much time in my room but some people like that.

I found the Holiday Inn had a lot more atmosphere big pools lots of people to chat with, nice bars, restaurants so you can just hang around if you like.

Hope this helps.

Have Fun.

Mark.

8. Re: Burasari vs Holiday Inn Resort ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 January 2016, 16:00
9. Re: Burasari vs Holiday Inn Resort ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 March 2014, 06:19
Get answers to your questions about Patong