We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sea Smile Dentist Patong

rsa
australia
Level Contributor
820 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Sea Smile Dentist Patong

Hi,

Looking at travelling to Patong to have some extensive dental work done. A lot of teeth out, and dentures made.Travelled there last year, had a good look around, happy what I viewed, and now want to proceed.

Can anyone share their experiences with me. I have seen a lot of reports on this forum that refer to implants , crowns etc, but none which relate to teeth being extracted, and dentures being made.

Also looking at suggestions where to stay. ! The Amata resort is nearly next door to the clinic. It is also very close to Jungceylong Shopping centre.

Budget is a maximum of $80 AUD for a self contained apartment, but prefer to pay less for a hotel or guesthouse.Amatara is about $40 AUD per night

Prefer to be close to the dental clinic, as I guess I will be going back and forth a bit.Looking for accommodation that has a pool and nice gardens/outlook

Looking forward to all comments and thoughts

Regards RSA

Mentioned in this post
Patong
Patong
Phuket, Thailand
Amata Patong
Amata Patong
810 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
Gold Coast...
Level Contributor
813 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sea Smile Dentist Patong

I recently had a tooth extracted and an implant done (in another spot) all in one sitting under local anesthetic at Sea Smile. Have never had a more gentle dentist, I even had someone holding my hand while the surgeon was doing the extraction (was quite infected underneath and needed cleaning which was a tad uncomfortable, lol!!). No idea about dentures, sorry, but from my experience I'd have no problems recommending them.

Australia
Level Contributor
141 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sea Smile Dentist Patong

Be interested to see how you go with dentures. I am in a similar situation. Have travelled to Thailand s few times and am thinking of some dental work.

buzz

Mentioned in this post
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
139 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sea Smile Dentist Patong

I was there the other day, just having fillings and an extensive clean where they gave me enough needles to numb my whole mouth. Just wanted to say how lovely and gentle they were, and thought it was cute how they held my Hand while I got the injections. My husband tried to walk thru a closed patio door last night and cracked his veneer, so will be going later too make another appointment.

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
37,421 posts
388 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sea Smile Dentist Patong

We were booked with them, but they had no water on the day of booking - not their problem. They arrange alternatives and were really helpful, can't fault them.

rsa
australia
Level Contributor
820 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sea Smile Dentist Patong

Hello,

Thank you for all of the responses.Looks promising.Seems like they do a lot of implants, veneers and other cosmetic dental work but not a lot of dental surgery involving removal of a lot of teeth.

Still very odd that no one has had dentures made by them, or have had a lot of teeth extracted!!

I hope someone can give me the confidence to make the move and have my dental work done by Sea Smile.

Regards

RSA

Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
783 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sea Smile Dentist Patong

Was at Sea Smile a while back and got my teeth laser whitened. The whitening result and service was great. Staff was helpful. Always get my teeth cleaned or whatever dental problem i have fixed at this place whenever i visit Patong. I highly recommend this one.

Mentioned in this post
Patong
Patong
Phuket, Thailand
Gold Coast...
Level Contributor
813 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sea Smile Dentist Patong

Actually a friend of ours had several front teeth out and a partial denture done in 2011. That was the reason I decided to go to them, he was very happy with the work, hygiene and price. Sorry, forgot to mention that in my first reply.

I read a post where a lady had all teeth out and implants done, but I think she went to Bangkok dental hospital, that might be another option for you. Let me know if you're interested and I'll try and find it for you.

Mentioned in this post
Bangkok
Bangkok
Thailand
Sanctuary Point...
Level Contributor
144 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Sea Smile Dentist Patong

I have got a serious tooth infection at the moment and a partial plate for my upper jaw. The reason my teeth godet so bad is because I am absolutely terrified of dentist in general, they can't get anywhere near me before I get as, but the as isn't enough for what I need done.

I need to go to an oral surgeon so that he can extract the rest of my upper jaw teeth and get a full denture made. I am looking upwards of $7000 as I don't have private health insurance. I have heard of people going to Phuket for a good cleaning, whitening etc. but I never would of thought about getting a denture made while I'm there. That would cut the cost down to $4500 - $5000 .

So I too would be very interested to hear from others who have had dentures made. It wouldn't be cost effective for me to travel over there at a later date to get the work done because I need a general anaesthetic.

Mentioned in this post
Phuket
Phuket
Thailand
Ringwood, Australia
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Sea Smile Dentist Patong

my Husband and I are going there in 3 weeks,he is getting all of his bottom teeth out and a denture put in ,i am getting a tooth implant whitning and a crown.

I will let you know how we go

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
102 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sea Smile Dentist Patong

We were in Patong in January and my husband and I both had dental work done at Sea Smile. My eldest son also had a check-up, clean and some fillings. The pricing was fantastic and the dentists were first rate. Don't worry too much about where you stay in Patong, as our appointments over the week of treatments were at different locations in Patong - but each location was in walking distance to our hotel.

Mentioned in this post
Patong
Patong
Phuket, Thailand
Get answers to your questions about Patong