We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Biggest lobster ever!!!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
12 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Biggest lobster ever!!!

Ok guys so I've been to Phuket once and seen a zillion photos of amazing looking shellfish on dinner plates but i still have no idea where to go to get the biggest lobster, prawns and oysters ever??

I'm going to try Kan Eang 2 Seafood Restaurant and Laem Hin Restaurant. Am i getting close?

Italy
Level Contributor
39,496 posts
226 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Biggest lobster ever!!!

Wait until you get there and check them all out, pick the busiest with the biggest lobster as you know the fish will be fresh.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,480 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Biggest lobster ever!!!

lobsters don't taste as good when they are too big. It just becomes a size issue:)

South Australia...
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Ko Lanta
Level Contributor
8,933 posts
417 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Biggest lobster ever!!!

Yes Julz, you are certainly getting close, Kan Eang 2 has some of the best I have seen on Phuket Island:)

Cathy

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,401 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Biggest lobster ever!!!

Smaller lobsters and prawns are tastier than the big ones but you will see plenty as you walk past the seafood restaurants

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
4,510 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Biggest lobster ever!!!

Be prepared to pay more for your lobster in Thailand than you would back home. Same goes for prawns. But gee those tuk tuks are expensive! Westerners aren't the brightest when it comes to working out what 300 baht per 100grams represents.

Cheers

Edited: 20 March 2013, 00:51
Phuket Thailand
Level Contributor
3,697 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Biggest lobster ever!!!

Seen some really big European lobsters laying on the beach. They forget that while they are asleep the sun moves....and so does the shade.

Mark.

Phuket Sail Tours.

Brisbane
Level Contributor
93 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Biggest lobster ever!!!

I think I've seen those same lobsters walking around the street Captain Mark! Maybe we could encourage all us tourists to have photos with the "Amazing Wlaking Lobsters of Phuket" instead of the native wildlife....??

Phuket Thailand
Level Contributor
3,697 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Biggest lobster ever!!!

Had a lady on the boat yesterday doing the lobster bit. She had changed her bikini and now has red and white stripes. Looks like a barber's pole, so I told her.

Mark.

Edited: 20 March 2013, 04:54
Darkan, Australia
Level Contributor
655 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Biggest lobster ever!!!

I have seen some of those lobsters by the pool. (We all know what lobsters have for brains.)

Albany. WA
Level Contributor
265 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Biggest lobster ever!!!

As you would Capt Mark, As you would!