We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Patong in July 2013

Which Patong hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Hastings, New...
Level Contributor
101 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Patong in July 2013

Who is going to be in Phuket, Patong in July we arrive on the 4th July for four night then going to Karon for 8 Nights. We are also in Bangkok for five nights.

Who else has plans for July and where are you staying?? What things will you be doing while there??

This is our second trip, we didn't go to phi phi island last year so hope to go this time...

Would love to hear what others are up to and maybe catch up for a drink!!!

Geelong
Level Contributor
423 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Patong in July 2013

Yep a few of us are going to be in Patong in July. Some staying at keep resort, some at swiss palm. Its a yearly event going to the hot weather in the middle of a Melbourne winter.

Hastings, New...
Level Contributor
101 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Patong in July 2013

Seems like we might be the only ones heading that way in July

Auckland Region...
Level Contributor
128 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Patong in July 2013

Hi Tracy - we are Aucklanders who are Phuket addicts, trip number four to Karon in late June, get back 9 July, so we just miss you as we are heading for Khao Lak from 1 July for somewhere new to experience. Hope you have a fantastic time on holiday. We are taking our young adult daughters for their first trip and hopefully other family members from Aus may join us. If you have not been to Rawai to the Sea Gypsy restaurants where the long tails come in, you are missing out - this has to be the freshest seafood we have eaten. Choose your fish and shellfish and walk inland about 3 metres across the track, have it all cooked for you at a number of "cooking service" restaurants and you will be delighted. We definitely recommend "Sea Gypsea" restaurant, the folks there are just delightful, the food is gorgeous, and we keep on going back a couple of times each trip. Wonderful experience. We also recommend Sweet and Sour and also Family Seafood restaurants in Karon - excellent. Red Onion is always touted as being the best, but unfortunately on our visits, we always seemed to get the surly waitress and slow service so although the food was good, the overall experience was better elsewhere, with equally good food, as far as we are concerned. Definitely take a blue bus to Phuket Town, and take a long walk through Thalang Street, Dibuk etc, the oldest part of Phuket, we so enjoyed this and had food at Abdul's Roti shop, and also Kopitiam, which was a highlight. almost a mini museum, fantastic food, lovely people. Historic Phuket is so interesting, (with special thanks to Jamie Monk for his blog, website and posts for the valuable inside info he gives freely to help others find these little gems!) Be careful swimming in the sea, and if too rough, get out and head for the hotel pools! A walk down the beach is always fabulous and if you get lucky like we did, we saw three stingrays playing in the waves at the northern end of the beach towards Patong. It was quite incredible and felt like a once in a lifetime experience to see these animals just having fun so close to shore. Have fun, stay safe!

Western Australia
Level Contributor
119 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Patong in July 2013

We are arriving in Patong 8th July from Perth via KL. Never been to Thailand before! Planning to stay 3 nights Patong and then on to Phi Phi, Krabi, Koh Phangan and Koh Samui. Will have a little taste of each and then know where to come back to next trip!!

Newcastle, New...
Level Contributor
129 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Patong in July 2013

Endeavouring to be in patong around that time, taking my girlfriend for first time but my 7th trip over and cannot wait.

Not sure on what to do probably just a lot of touristy things to show my girlfriend and well deserved relaxing!

Most likely returning to stay at the Rayaburi Patong

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
111 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Patong in July 2013

We'll be there for the last week of july and the first week of august.

Will be doing the usual eating, drinking, a bit of shopping and a lot of relaxing by the pool and over at the beach.Throw in a couple of tours, a lot of massages and some live bands at night and our holiday is complete

Adelaide, South...
Level Contributor
63 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Patong in July 2013

See ya there Yamaha! I'm travelling that time too, to stay at teh Gracelands.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
111 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Patong in July 2013

yeah no worries styling, where staying at the patong beach hotel.Have to catch up for a beer.

Victoria
Level Contributor
256 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Patong in July 2013

yamahafmx One of the nurses from work work is also staying there she is going in July

I will find out what date. Will miss you Gemma as you were our great little helper last year.

Newcastle, Australia
11 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Patong in July 2013

Hi,

We are going on the 30th June , 3 night in Kara, then 5 night in Chiang Mia and then back to Patong for another 5 nights. So excited it will be mine , husbands and 3 teenage children's first trip to Phuket and we all can't wait. I think the girls and I are most looking forward to the shopping. I haven't booked accom. for the final 5 night in Patong as yet. Hoping to do that this weekend. A bit confused as there is so many places to choose from...

Get answers to your questions about Patong