We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Songkran 2013 in patong - what's it like ?

Which Patong hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Geelong, Australia
13 posts
Save Topic
Songkran 2013 in patong - what's it like ?

Hi, I'm going with my wife and 13 year old son, what's it like ? I have purchased a waterproof camera to take shots ?

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
73 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Songkran 2013 in patong - what's it like ?

It is very busy and wet!!!more fun!!and trafic jam!!!!! You will like it.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Patong
Level Contributor
4,365 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Songkran 2013 in patong - what's it like ?

Very wet ! No way you will stay dry, so don't forget to put phone etc in something waterproof as well

Your going to have a ball

Michelle

Phuket
Destination Expert
for Patong
Level Contributor
3,626 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Songkran 2013 in patong - what's it like ?

If you are in Patong, head for Bangla Rd during the day. It is very wet, but normally it finishes at sundown. This year it may be limited to one day. (Thats ample IMO)

Geelong, Australia
13 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Songkran 2013 in patong - what's it like ?

Hi, thanks :) it sure does sound like fun :) my 13 year old son is really looking forward to it. My waterproof camera will come in handy I think. Wevare staying not far from Bangla rd so not to far to go.

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
27 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Songkran 2013 in patong - what's it like ?

I experienced Sonkran in Koh Samui and Bangkok in 2011 and it was fun if you don't mind getting wet! It's warm in Thailand so doesn't really matter :) We also got some sort of coloured dust thrown at us too (part of the celebrations) so don't wear your favourite clothes. The locals were really well mannered though, they asked if they could throw it at us which was very kind! You may want to take a water gun for your son, lots of people / kids were firing them where we were. I guess if you do just follow the kindness rule and only fire at someone else who has a gun or who throws water first :)

las vegas
Level Contributor
25 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Songkran 2013 in patong - what's it like ?

Greetings, it's early Saturday morning and the water is flowing. Many invested in water guns and I suggest they are going to gets their money's worth out of them! What is very warming is the smiles the water folly brings. If this were going on back in my home country, it be a donnybrook. Cheers.

Phuket, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Kata Beach, Karon
Level Contributor
3,966 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Songkran 2013 in patong - what's it like ?

Yes, it is warming to see all the smiles and hear all the laughter, apart from getting wet! :-) Sawatdee Bpee Mai Kaa!

8. Re: Songkran 2013 in patong - what's it like ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 April 2014, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Patong