We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dental Work in Patong

Which Patong hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
405 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Dental Work in Patong

Hi Guys,

I have read many posts on the quality of dentists in Patong and which clinics are recommended.

However, my question is: If wanting to get dental treatment in Patong, how do you know what needs doing before arriving?

Do most people just go there early in trip for exam and quote? Or get report in Oz and take that to Thailand?

Thanks...

Phuket
Destination Expert
for Patong
Level Contributor
3,599 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dental Work in Patong

My dentist in Phuket is very good. My teeth aren't the best, so needs lots of "maintenance". She explains the different options with any problems. If you have doubts, get a few opinions from a couple of dentists.

Just had a crown done, its in temporay to see how it travels. All up 7000Bt (AUD220).

A clean and assessment is about 1000Bt.

australia
Level Contributor
1,294 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dental Work in Patong

Just go there and get assessed depending in how long you stay determines what can be done

Personally I recommend Promjai dental

Dr Joy is the dentist

Had a lot if work done personally and family and friends no problem at all

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
405 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dental Work in Patong

Thanks for replies, I have read quite a bit about Promjai..

I was more curious about logistics of going about the procedure..

I nearly did the whitening last year but damn Chang beer got in the way..

Next time I think that will be on the cards plus check up and go from there..!!

Cheers..

Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
783 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dental Work in Patong

When i planned to get my teeth done at Sea Smile, i emailed them like a month in advance and they asked for photos of my teeth. I managed to take those photos with my own camera and they got back to me with recommended treatments and the ball park. So it was quite convenient cause i got everything planned. I didnt really like a surprise so...

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
405 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dental Work in Patong

Wow, that's pretty cool.. Thanks for that info..

Level Contributor
35 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dental Work in Patong

We go into the dentist on the day that we arrive so that way they have time to fit us in.

7. Re: Dental Work in Patong

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 22 May 2013, 05:35
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
405 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Dental Work in Patong

Thanks, I think that's what I will do next time..

Also I was thinking if I do visit the dentist next time, I will have an excuse for dribbling beer down my Tshirt.. hahaha..

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
45 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Dental Work in Patong

Hi Brio2, can you please kindly give the name of the Dentist, so far I've been quoted 10,000THB for one crown. I think I need about 3 root canals, and one crown...ouch!!

How much do you think this could cost, can you estimate this for me pls?.....so I know how to work out my budget and how much to bring with me...

Any info will be much appreciated, thanks!

Regards, Didi.

(Cape Town, South Africa).

Buderim, Australia
Level Contributor
1 post
19 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Dental Work in Patong

My husband and I have just returned from Thailand on 18th May. We went with the main intension being dental work. We went to Sea Smile Dental clinic in Patong and found them to be excellent. We organised the initial appointment by emailing them from their website. My husband needed 2 crowns and a filling which he knew before, hence the trip to Thailand. I myself just needed a general appointment as I hadn't been for a couple of years. X rays were done first up over there and then they organised our. treatments over the next week. We stayed a week to allow for the crowns We also had our teeth whitened which we are happy with and don't look like Warney [Shane] freaks!. They were excellent and the money we saved easily paid for our airfares. Highly recommended and professional.Go for it.

Get answers to your questions about Patong