We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

where else to visit

Which Patong hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sunderland, United...
Level Contributor
22 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
where else to visit

Hi everyone We will be in patong for five days in september, just wondering if anyone can suggest somewhere else we can go from there for a few days . We were looking at phi phi or koh lanta but found out the boats to get there dont run in low season.Even though we are 50 somethings we still love a bit of nightlife . So no where to quiet. We would appreciate any suggestions. Thanks in advance.

Downham Market...
Level Contributor
42 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: where else to visit

Boats run daily to phi phi island leaving from the pier in the morning.

Gold Coast
Level Contributor
5,431 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: where else to visit

I would stay in Patong. Plenty to see and do, lots of restaurants and bars and good shopping. Hire a driver for a day and have a look at the sights.

Phi phi island is good but if you are going on a day trip you don't get to see much as by ferry you only get about four hours there. If if were me, as you only have 5 days I would leave out Phi phi . There are plenty of other things to see and do.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
39 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: where else to visit

The boat actually run daily. Patong is still the best to walk around... Phi Phi is a good place.. But their things kinda expensive.

Sunderland, United...
Level Contributor
22 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: where else to visit

Thanks for all your replies I dont think I made myself clear . We are staying in patong of which we have been to before for five nights then we would like to go somewere else as we have another eight days or our holiday left . Any suggestions welcolme . Thanks again.

Gold Coast
Level Contributor
5,431 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: where else to visit

Sorry, thought you only had 5 days in total.

I would go to Phi Phi then. Unless the weather is really bad they run every day.

We spent 10 days on Phi phi many years ago. It was great.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
61 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: where else to visit

Hi we're there in June and then were flying down to Penang in Malaysia . are you flying to Bangkok and are you having anytime there

Sunderland, United...
Level Contributor
22 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: where else to visit

Yes we always have two nights in bankok staying inthe kohsan road this time . Then flying to phuket ,Hope the weathers not to bad so we can go to phi phi .

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
61 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: where else to visit

Weathers not looking great just now this is our first time and looking forward to it. Where else have you been to in Thailand and what would you recommend

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
203 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: where else to visit

Have you looked at somewhere like Ao Nang Beach in Krabi?

Might be somewhere else to have a look at.

Happy planning

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
786 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: where else to visit

Ferry from Phuket to Phi Phi run twice daily in low season have a look at the following websites.

http://www.phiphi.phuket.com/schedule.htm

www.phiphi-ferry.com/sailing-schedules.html

www.andamanwavemaster.com/boat%20schedule.htm

We will be using Andaman Wavemaster in September as they have a premium area which is a little better and not crowded so you are guaranteed a seat, another apparently good one is Phi Phi Cruiser. Just google them. Cheers, Karen