We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seeking advice on where to stay in Phuket

Which Patong hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
new delhi
Level Contributor
6 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Seeking advice on where to stay in Phuket

Hi, I am planning to spend 4 nights in Phuket along with my partner and 5 yr old kid. I have been reading the travel forums and am a bit confused on where to stay in Phuket. Patong, kata, Kamala,......???? We would not necessarily want to stay near an area having a hectic nightlife...preference will be to stay somewhere in quiet but with a great natural surrounding. Grateful for any suggestions. Thanks, cheers, vicks

Papamoa NZ
Level Contributor
66 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Seeking advice on where to stay in Phuket

WE have opted to split out trip Grant Centara Karon. THis portion is all about pleasing and entertaining our child (4 years old) lazy river pool, water slides, on the beach lots for a kid to do. Towards to the end of our trip we are wanting something different more for us adults- have yet to decide.

Front runner and recommended by others is Koh Racha a small island just off Phuket -35 min boat ride. Looks like it would fit your natural setting request

Hope this helps. Previous to our child we stayed at the Le Meridien Phuket resort. It is just out of town with its own private beach and also has goofd facilities for adults and kids but again not close to natural setting.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Seeking advice on where to stay in Phuket

The Katathani, which is directly on the beach would be a good option but there's only a few restaurants within walking distance outside the hotel so you would need to get a taxi or tuk tuk to Kata or Patong in the evening for a better choice.

Sydney, New South...
Level Contributor
349 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Seeking advice on where to stay in Phuket

Hi I looked at Tropica hotel (Patong) and the setting are very nice they are located on the beach road so you just need to cross the road to go to the beach, they rates aren't bad 3,500 -3,900 per room, the setting is beautiful once inside it doesn't look like bangla road is just behind it, it's a bit noisy in the night time when outside if the room, but inside with doors and windows closed I couldn't hear a thing.

I'm staying at Nanai road, I rented a house with flipkey but will definitely book Tropica next year:)

Singapore
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Seeking advice on where to stay in Phuket

I would recommend Centara Grand Beach Resort in Karon. The resort is family oriented, direct access to Karon beach and close proximity to Karon Town.

5. Re: Seeking advice on where to stay in Phuket

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 May 2014, 06:17