We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

RHN - Taxi Driver and Tour Review

Sydney, New South...
Level Contributor
368 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
RHN - Taxi Driver and Tour Review

Hi from Patong!

Yesterday we did a city tour with Mr Wee ( t_weesa@hotmail.com - ph: 081-081 7061)

I originally contacted Mr Chai ( who accepted my booking, and failed to tell me that another driver would come to pick us up) but I have to say that Mr Wee exceed our expectations.

The day was terrible, it was raining heavyly in the morning ( our pick was for 10am) and at 10am on the dot our driver rang our door bell with a big umbrella, he greeted us, and explained that he wasn't Mr chai, but that he would take us on our tour.

He than took me to the car ( holding the umbrella and opening the car door) and then coming back for my husband and doing the same.

After inside the car, he confir e dour itenerary, and showed us a little folder with some other things. We knew what we wanted so we just confirmed the places we would be visiting ( Old Phuket Town, Big Buda, Chalong Temple, Kata Beach View Point, and Rang Hill)

After calling a friend he told us that it was raining heavier in Kata Beach, so we headed to Old Phuket town. He gave us valuable information along the way. When we arrived he took us to the information centre and showed us the architecture and explained the influence of the Portuguese around the area ( my husband is Portuguese ). He then gave us a map and let us explore the area on foot (it was still raining, so we stopped for coffee and did a bit of exploring, returning to the car.

We then headed to Rang Hill, a must se view point, where Mr Wee explained to us how the rubber tree got into Thailand. It was still raining.

We were supposed to have lunch at Hang Hill but we were not hungry so we headed to Chalong Temple. The weather improved and by 1pm ish the rain was gone :)

And what a PERFECT visit to the temple, Mr Wee showed us the Budhists traditions and how it's done, we got the incense, the lotus flowers and off we went. It was amazing, it's a must do thing and Mr wee is an excellent photographer too, offering to take pictures of us with breathtaking background, we were lucky to see a bride and groom at the temple taking their weeding photos.

We also stopped at Chinpracha House, as Mr Wee wanted to show it to us, it being a traditional Portuguese architecture ( he knew my husband is Portuguese) to get inside you need to pay but to take photos of the actual building you don't need to pay, we went inside, very nice and well maintained .

We then decided to have lunch, and he asked where to go, and we told him that we want some water views, and he delivered taking us to Luk Lay, where on arrival you select your fish ( alive and swimming in the tank) and they will cook to your liking.

Mr chai asked for a table close to the water and instead of the high and huge gazebo we headed to the garden way ( with views of the big Buda and the bay, and a floating village) our lunch costed us thb2,500 I consider it fair as we had a lobster and a fish, with some sides, and beers.

We then headed to the big Buda and again Mr Wee was next to us, explaining the traditions, and we were able to make some sound on a bell type of thing that not many people can do :)

He then left us to wonder around and headed to the car to wait for us, taking more pottos of us before leaving.

My husband was a bit sick ( with a cold) and Mr Wee noticed that he wasn't 100% and we asked him if he could take us to a pharmacy, or doctor, he took us to a doctor in Kata beach and waited for us, we the decided to go home, and he did.

I can't praise Mr Wee enough, very friendly, good English, very knowledgeable, and never once offered to take us to any factory, along the way i would lower the car window and he automatically would stop ( if possible) or reduce speed s i coukd take photos of whatever got my attention, we strong reccomend mr Wee.

He charged us thb1,500 for a full day tour.

If you need a driver give mr Wee a try, he is very good!

Misawa-shi, Aomori...
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: RHN - Taxi Driver and Tour Review

Love your review. Do you think this tour is good with two young boys? (2&4) as in would we all fit in the car? I think I may do this.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,496 posts
226 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: RHN - Taxi Driver and Tour Review

Thanks for your report and glad you enjoyed your day with Mr Wee.

Sydney, New South...
Level Contributor
368 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: RHN - Taxi Driver and Tour Review

Hi Cynthia,

Yes I think this would be nice for your family, the car would accommodate the 4 of you without a problem, and on your case I would add a visit to phuket zoo so the kids would get something out of it too :)

I think we drove past it on our way to the restaurant. Mr Wee has 2 kids too, so I'm sure he will be glad to reccomend some other things :)

On the way up to the big Buda there is a elephant treck and on the way down you canaske him to stop so you can have a look and take photos, we are going to ask mr Wee to take us to either kok Chang or Siam as they don't overwork the elephants and they are well looked after, instead of some places that only cares about the money and not the welfare of the elephants.

When are you coming to Patong?

Misawa-shi, Aomori...
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: RHN - Taxi Driver and Tour Review

We will be there May 24th for 6 days. Thank you so much for suggesting those things. I will contact him as soon as my kids are in bed. Not sure if you would know the answer but do you suggest 2 strollers for them? I picked a hotel close to the beach so that we can walk but not sure if it'll be an inconvenience.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Patong
Level Contributor
4,375 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: RHN - Taxi Driver and Tour Review

Great report

Sydney, New South...
Level Contributor
368 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: RHN - Taxi Driver and Tour Review

You won't retreat booking him!

About the stroller, to be honest I haven't seem many around ( maybe I wasn't paying attention) on Chalong temple you will be able to use it, not on big Buda as there is a few steps to go up, old phuket town has very narrow footpath.

I suggest you start a new tread and ask it as other families with little ones should be able to advise, and comment on the use of strollers :)

Sydney, New South...
Level Contributor
368 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: RHN - Taxi Driver and Tour Review

Sorry I mean regret ( auto correct and no checking sorry)

Misawa-shi, Aomori...
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: RHN - Taxi Driver and Tour Review

Thank you so much for the information! Truely a great help. :)

Sydney, New South...
Level Contributor
368 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: RHN - Taxi Driver and Tour Review

No worries !

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
36,934 posts