We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need help in planning

Which Patong hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Chennai (Madras...
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Topic
Need help in planning

Hi, me and my wife are traveling to thailand for the first time on May 10th, we plan to stay at Patong for 3 nights and Ao nang for 3 nights. We would like to do some of the tours, but I am confused which one to take and from where? Phi Phi from patong or ao nang? phan nga from patong or ao nang? we would also like to try scuba diving. Is koh lanta a good place for scuba diving? Would appreciate if some body can help us in planning our trip.

Rawai Beach, Phuket
Destination Expert
for Phuket
Level Contributor
895 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need help in planning

PhangNga from Phuket (much closer)

Phi Phi from either Phuket or Ao Nang (about the same distance I believe) Up to you.

If you only here for 6 or 7 days, I am not sure why you would want to scuba dive at Koh Lanta.

I would do it from Phuket or Phi Phi.

Good luck and have fun.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
1,355 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need help in planning

HI there!

I woudl recommend a phi phi island tour and Phangnga tour from Phuket. I woudl also recommend Phuket sail tour or SImba tours - both have great reputations!

Regards

Sam

http://www.travellingking.com

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Patong
Level Contributor
5,815 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need help in planning

Hi

with only 3 days in each place I would do Phang Nga from Phuket and Phi Phi from Ao Nang to space it out a bit, otherwise you are going to have 2 full day trips from Phuket and no time for other things like a land sightseeing tour of the island with a driver!

Phuket Sail Tours are excellent to Phang Nga and the sail boat tour is just awesome www.phuketsailtours.com we have done this tour and can highly recommend it

you can do a scuba diving tour from Phuket at any of the outlying islands, check out Phuket Scuba Club www.phuket-scuba-club.com/

happy planning

cheers

Mossy :)

Chennai (Madras...
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Need help in planning

Thank you fiddledude, Samantha D and mossy043. I shall go with the majority of doing Phang Nga from Phuket and Phi Phi from Ao Nang. Couple of more questions from the experts would be appreciated.

1. If I do take the scuba dive in Phi Phi, is it the same as a tour to the island or is there any difference?

2. Can anybody suggest me some other activities to do around Krabi ( assuming I do Phi Phi frm Ao Nang) I will have 1 full day to spare.

5. Re: Need help in planning

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 May 2014, 06:18
Get answers to your questions about Patong