We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Patong 2011 - 2013 any changes?

Adelaide, South...
Level Contributor
63 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Patong 2011 - 2013 any changes?

Hi All,

Unfortunately for me I haven’t been to Patong since mid 2011. So my question is, in the last 2 years, has much changed in the heart of Patong. Is there something there that I must look out for? What have people noticed? New people/places/products etc. Anything. Would love to know.

Thankfully(lucky for me), I will be returning July/August this year – and am counting down the days 75 sleeps! As I am a Phuket tragic, I just love the place, would like to talk about it!

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Patong
Level Contributor
4,374 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Patong 2011 - 2013 any changes?

Patong changes every year lol.

New shops, new hotels, new bars. So there will be much for you to look at.

Michelle

Geelong
Level Contributor
425 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Patong 2011 - 2013 any changes?

Ha ha I like it, another person that counts down the sleeps. I've got exactly 50 days 7 hours and 21 minutes to go and counting down......

Sydney
10 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Patong 2011 - 2013 any changes?

15 days for me!!

Gold Coast...
Level Contributor
750 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Patong 2011 - 2013 any changes?

92 days....sorry to hijack your thread with another countdown!!

Mindarie, Australia
Level Contributor
956 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Patong 2011 - 2013 any changes?

we noticed a BIG change when we went last year but that was because we hadnt been for 15 years LOL totally got lost. but heading back on saturday you will still recognise things but they seem to just add new hotels if you head up northern end of the beach there would be some hotels that are still in building mode and some that would now be open so its interesting to see how far they have come in 12 months new restaurant seems to appear from nowhere too have a great holiday and oh by the way 4 sleeps for us :):):)

Abu Dhabi, United...
Level Contributor
26 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Patong 2011 - 2013 any changes?

well the big tiger bar burnt down as you may have heard..otherwise Patong still sucks!

Go elsewhere mate.

Geelong
Level Contributor
425 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Patong 2011 - 2013 any changes?

Where do you suggest KingKoon????

Sanctuary Point...
Level Contributor
144 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Patong 2011 - 2013 any changes?

LOL that was wen I started my countdown 75 days now I'm down to 3 days.

There are shopping areas one called Banana Walk, it's on the beach road I think.

And sixth and promenade that's across the road from jungceylon and another entry next to tiger bar

They have been added since I was there last march. There are some websites that say they have been there for a while but I didn't see them

Adelaide, South...
Level Contributor
63 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Patong 2011 - 2013 any changes?

Hi KingKoong, Happy that you have an opinion, and that you enjoy places like Pattaya. However, having been all around Phuket, each place with it's own plus's, my wife and 2 daughters love the fun that is Patong, can sit in a resort pool in warm weather, and have NEVER had a bad experience - so whilst they are happy, I am too. I reckon anywhere in Thailand is heaven on earth!

Adelaide, South...
Level Contributor
63 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Patong 2011 - 2013 any changes?

Thank you soo much Helen, that is some great info, exactly what I was after. Appreciate you stopping by! Have a great trip.