We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Questions RE : Hotel Recommendations

Darling Downs...
Level Contributor
16 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Questions RE : Hotel Recommendations

My Partner and I are getting married 28th Sep 13 and the next day are jetting off on our honeymoon to Phuket (Patong is our chosen location) arriving the morning of Monday 30th for 10 nights. (We have never been to Thailand let alone out of Australia and first time away from our 4 children for more than one night )

We were thinking of hiring a car to drive to Patong via the towns on the way to sight see and waste a bit of time between arrival and check in time?? Any suggestions on if we should or should not hire a car?? or is it better to get hotel pickup and hire a car or bike in Patong?? (we both are experienced at riding bikes aswell)

We are still young.. i'm 29 and my future hubby is 31 and we are not much of the "laze around on the beach all day" people we don't mind it every now and then but give me an hour and i'll be bored no matter how nice a beach it is..but give me an airplane and i will jump out of it all day haha (def not my FH tho) so beach front is not top priority of my list for hotel to have.. we both enjoy the lights of the city, watching the busy streets and people all buzzing around so a balcony is a must have.. We will be doing ALOT of shopping and seeing as tho we wont have any kiddies for a couple weeks we definitely want to experience Bangla Rd.. once or twice.. maybe even a third haha..(I'm more the party animal than my partner)

I did put a temp booking on a 1 Brm 100sqm Grand Deluxe Pool Access Room at BYD Lofts as they did offer me a fantastic honeymoon package and that equalled to about $215AUD a night BUT I haven't yet confirmed the booking as yes I absolutely LOVE the apartments and rooftop pool but i think i want something a bit more in the middle of some noise and where it's all happening.. if that makes sense?? ( we live in a small country town and whenever we go stay in Brisbane etc we love the noise from everything.. weird haha ) plus there are some nice hotels/resorts closer for cheaper so we could possibly save ourselves ALOT of money per night (more $$$ for shopping lol) If BYD was in the location of say Absolute Bangla.. i would have booked it without hesitation.. I don't really like the rooms at Absolute Bangla.. to me with all the red and black it seems to look a bit too "Brothel like".. could be mistaken tho ??

The other apartments i have been looking at is the Suite Room / One Bedroom Suite at Destination Patong?? I have read the reviews on this but there is not many on this room type.

Also the Palmyra Resort One Bedroom Suite

Is there any other hotels / resorts you can recommend that have

- Views over the City / Streets

- close to Bangla Rd and Shopping mall / markets

- MUST have a balcony

- Roof top pool would be nice

- priced up to $200aud per night.. preferably between 100-150aud tho

- we love the modern sleek look and lots of space

- swim up bar

- suite room if possible

- love the open bathroom look

ok so wow i have just noticed the novel i have written..i guess you could say i am

just a little bit excited.

Thanks in advance.

Kellie

Mentioned in this post
Phuket
Phuket
Thailand
Patong
Patong
Phuket, Thailand
Palmyra Patong Resort
Palmyra Patong Resort
597 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
P & C Jewelry
Gift & Speciality Shops
Prince Fashion
Factory Outlets, Flea & Street Markets, Gift & Speciality Shops, Fashion Shows & Tours
Silver Maker Family
Gift & Speciality Shops
Canady Tailor House
Gift & Speciality Shops
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Patong
Level Contributor
4,390 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Questions RE : Hotel Recommendations

As its your honeymoon look at these options

Look at Holiday Inn Busakorn wing, lovely pool, and swim up bar.

You could also look at Millenium, attached to Jungcelyon Shopping centre,

The New Novotel, Vintage Park.

Deveena

They might suite what you are looking for

Michelle

Mentioned in this post
Novotel Phuket Vintage Park
Novotel Phuket Vintage...
2,291 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
Geelong, Australia
Level Contributor
430 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Questions RE : Hotel Recommendations

28th September 2013.... GRAND FINAL DAY! What were you thinking?

Darling Downs...
Level Contributor
16 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Questions RE : Hotel Recommendations

Haha lucky I'm an NRL chick then hey.. I have never followed AFL.. but i will be in Patong for the NRL grand final on the 6th October

Mentioned in this post
Patong
Patong
Phuket, Thailand
Phillip Island...
Level Contributor
917 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Questions RE : Hotel Recommendations

Hey Kellie, CONGRATULATIONS...have a look at the Siam Palm residence. We are staying there in July. We have looked at the 1 bedroom and 2 bedroom. I think the 2 brm are nicer. Located right opposite BYD, and a lot cheaper.

We have also looked at BYD, really lovely and get great reviews. Siam Palm is similar in design just not as flash, but still very nice and spacious. There is a pool but it's not rooftop.

Happy honeymoon!

Cheeers

Verrena

Mentioned in this post
Siam Palm Residence
Siam Palm Residence
101 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
Brisbane
Level Contributor
3,861 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Questions RE : Hotel Recommendations

Congrats guys,

Re hiring a car... No way for a first time Asia traveller. Check out the driving conditions for a day or so then decide.

We were in Patong a few weeks ago and checked out The Kee, located just 100 mts from Bangla. Brand new complex. The room we looked at was very nice. Great location for Bsngla, shopping, dining and beach.

Happy & safe travels

Mentioned in this post
Patong
Patong
Phuket, Thailand
The KEE Resort & Spa
The KEE Resort & Spa
1,721 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
Sydney, New South...
Level Contributor
368 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Questions RE : Hotel Recommendations

The kee is very nice, I went few to ex to their roof top bar good views of Patong.

Milenium is good the cabana room was beautiful but I disliked the service, I checked a small hotel called Tropica, there is no balcony, but it's on beach road and just behind bangla road, very cheap, I'm seriously considering it for my next stay.

Mentioned in this post
Patong
Patong
Phuket, Thailand
Singapore
Level Contributor
38 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Questions RE : Hotel Recommendations

You could check out the nap patong. I've stayed there on my last trip to phuket about 1.5 years back. It's pretty close to byd and the rooms are really well appointed. Most of the rooms have balconies too and if I'm not wrong there are suites with private pools. Pretty good choice in my opinion!

Singapore
Level Contributor
38 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Questions RE : Hotel Recommendations

You could check out the nap patong. I've stayed there on my last trip to phuket about 1.5 years back. It's pretty close to byd and the rooms are really well appointed. Most of the rooms have balconies too and if I'm not wrong there are suites with private pools. Pretty good choice in my opinion!

9. Re: Questions RE : Hotel Recommendations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 May 2014, 06:17
Get answers to your questions about Patong