We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fancy Dinner Out in Patong?

Coffs Harbour...
Level Contributor
9 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Fancy Dinner Out in Patong?

Hi all. My husband and I are travelling to Phuket for the first time this coming June. Whilst there we are planning a celebratory dinner for my 40th birthday. There will just be the two of us and we are hoping for a nice meal, something romantic. Do you have any suggestions as to a great restaurant for this? We will be staying at the Merlin Beach Resort just outside of Patong.

Cheers

Jo

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
129 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fancy Dinner Out in Patong?

We are staying at Merlin in June. have been doing a bit of googling on restaurants. a new resort has opened next door to Merlin.The restaurant is called Blue mango Bar and Grill. Has reviews on tripadvisor. We have booked a night a Ko Jok See (think thats how its spelt ) .I read a review on Merlin Beach Resort and they said this place is a fun night out.But maybe not a romantic night. However booked for our 20 Th wedding anniversary with another couple.. Enjoy your time at Merlin we love it.

australia
Level Contributor
1,294 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fancy Dinner Out in Patong?

Try the 9th floor classy place great views over patong reasonably priced food

Australia
Level Contributor
262 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Fancy Dinner Out in Patong?

We are going in August for my 40th and are also staying at Merlin Beach! We have booked Mom Tri's Kitchen for dinner to watch the sunset then to the sunshine bar in Rawai! Have a great birthday

Holstebro, Denmark
Level Contributor
95 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fancy Dinner Out in Patong?

Just opposite Ka Jok See (in Phuket Town) is a new restaurant Rendezvouz which easily competes with the best restaurants on the coast on all other parameters than location. If you contact them they will make a very romantic dinner for you. And as an added bonus it is a lot cheaper which makes room in the budget for a taxi there :-)

We had my wifes 55th birthday there (we knew the owner and most of his staff from previous stays in Kata), and they made it a great night.

tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g1215781-d…

Other than that I can agree to Mom Tri's kitchen, but that is very expensive in comparison - and the food is no better. But the settings are fantastic. There is also The Boathouse, or Ra-Tri which has a fantastic view over Kata beach.

Zurich, Switzerland
Level Contributor
4 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fancy Dinner Out in Patong?

My clear favourite for nice dinners around Patong is Baan Rim Pa (www.baanrimpa.com). The restaurant is located at the north end of Patong beach and has a terrific view on the ocean. The food is outstanding and so is the wine list. Attached to Baan Rim Pa there are two other restaurants, one Italian and the other one serving international cuisine. Have not been to those two, but they are supposed to be very good as well. And they also share the nice view...

Enjoy Phuket!!!

Gold Coast
Level Contributor
5,883 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Fancy Dinner Out in Patong?

Moms Tri in Kata is also a great place.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
24,070 posts
1,845 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Fancy Dinner Out in Patong?

For wow factor cant go past Plum Fine Dining at Kamala. We dined there and whilst not cheap even by Aussie standards the view and food are fantastic. Book a Sala Pod in advance and you wont regret this. Get there early for drinks and watch the sunset.

tripadvisor.com.au/Restaurant_Review-g137932…

Tommo

Coffs Harbour...
Level Contributor
9 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Fancy Dinner Out in Patong?

Thanks for all of the great suggestions. Luckily both my husband and I are celebrating our birthdays whilst over there ... so maybe we'll get to experience a few of these restaurants (and then there is always next time... :)

Cheers

Jo

new brunswick
Level Contributor
544 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Fancy Dinner Out in Patong?

Can take a look at La Flora Hotel in agoda, sawadee or other hotel booking web. Rather close to centre part of Patong Beach

Pending on dry weather, outdoor "The Current of the Sea" Restaurant and Bar in La Flora Hotel is rather romantic and fancy. Four level high facing Patong beach and with separate entrance bypassing the hotel lobby. Better go well before sunset for drinks, can enjoy candle lit dinner afterwardsr. Small number of food selection on the menu, definitely not cheap though.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,037 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Fancy Dinner Out in Patong?

Maybe not for your truly romantic evening (as there is no view) but Sam's steakhouse (not just steaks; fabulous salmon... er, steak)) at the Holiday Inn in Patong is excellent. Rated #1 in Patong restaurants for a reason. A shame it's only two of you as the little enclave for groups is very old-world swish, but the rest of the restaurant is still very nice. The service is also old-world and excellent, yet we rocked up in shorts, t-shirts and thongs and were made to feel very welcome. Not cheap for Patong, but to eat at this level back home in Oz, you'd be paying double, even triple what you will pay here. Best thing is you can catch the free shuttle in from MBR to PM which is right next to HI. You can use the facilities for free at PM, and enjoy a happy hour or two somewhere before your meal.

If you are going for happy hour (2 for 1 drinks) prior to your meal, may I suggest HI over PM. The drinks are more expensive, but unlike PM, HI don't halve the alcohol when they halve the prices...

Edited: 26 May 2013, 02:15
Get answers to your questions about Patong