We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tours to do and drivers

traralgon victoria
Level Contributor
5 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Tours to do and drivers

Hi will be in patongbeach in 2 weeks looking at doing a few tours like the caves at night also is it ok to get drivers off the street or book through hotel ?

Aussie
Level Contributor
1,594 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tours to do and drivers

We always book Kom when we come to Phuket for airport transfers and day trips and market trips ....always ready and waiting and he takes you where you want to go not where he gets kick backs....his email address is

phuket.kom99@gmail.com

email him for a price and ideas of where to go and what to do....

also a trip to the big buddha is a must and we liked Phuket fantasea if u like that kind of show...

lots things to see and do just depends what interests you

drivers on the street usually rip you off

Gold Coast
Level Contributor
5,917 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tours to do and drivers

Look at the FAQ on the right hand side. There are drivers named there and also things to see and do.

Plenty of choice.

Phuket
Level Contributor
603 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tours to do and drivers

I can recommend you visit the Phi Phi Islands and Phang-NgA Bay while you are here in Phuket. Both are full day trips. Click on the 'Things to do' icon at the top of the page and then on 'Activities' for some a list of reputable companies to book tours with.

Giles - Offspray Leisure Day trips

Melbourne...
Level Contributor
11 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tours to do and drivers

We just got back from Patong. Get in touch with Mr Chai. SRC Phuket Travel and tours. He charged us 600 bhat for airport transfers. He arranged all the tours for us which was great, Phang Nga Bay and Phi Phi Island. They used speed boats and max people were around 20-30 on the speed boat. He charged us 1200 bhat for Phuket city tour which was half day or so. Lovely guy, very friendly, jovial and speaks english.All the best mate.

Qld
Level Contributor
252 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tours to do and drivers

Hi, we have used Panya on our previous trips to Phuket, lovely Man, modern car, very clean, very safe driver too, if you do a search you will find his details on the forum, he does get busy these days though as you will find a lot of the drivers who get mentioned on TA do, but if you book ahead you should be ok.

Have dune !

Qld
Level Contributor
252 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tours to do and drivers

That should have read " have fun " predictive txt sorry.

traralgon victoria
Level Contributor
5 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tours to do and drivers

thanks so much for your reply very usefull :)

Ningi, Australia
Level Contributor
83 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Tours to do and drivers

Crackerjacks, we stumbled on a good tuk tuk driver that organises tours a few years ago. We use him every time we go to patong. I can't find his details at the moment but if you want them I can dig them up. His name is Yow and he drives a light blue tuk tuk, to find him he always parks in the same spot every morning unless he has got a fare. If you get to the end of Bangla Road and turn left (water on your right) on the esplanade he usually parks about 100 metres from that intersection. He only works through the day and can organise any tours you may be interested in. He's a very nice fellow and very trustworthy. Hope this helps.

Edited: 12 June 2013, 16:14
Kuwait City, Kuwait
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Tours to do and drivers

I ve done both ....I would caution you about. Differences n pricing from the travel agents on the street.....they say there giving you a deal but in reality there just taking something ou the package........like a tshirts or taxi, it's usually something not very noticeable , you only find out when you get to the destination....... I usually just get a taxi and tell him to take me somewhere, but that's just because I've been there a Crap load of times, if your not a savy traveler , just use the travel agent agencies, it's quick to arrange and there is more of a safety net if things go wrong , and you don't have t put much thought into it - heck you can book a trip while you out getting smashed....

Phuket Thailand
Level Contributor
3,440 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Tours to do and drivers

Hello Crackerjacks, Mark here, Phuket Sail Tours.

The 2 companies I would recommend for the caves at night are John Gray Sea Canoe and The Original Sea Canoe company. There are many boat tours to Phang Nga Bay, which is where the caves and hong are, but a big variation in price and quality. Have a look at 'things to do', and then go to 'activities'. Lots of reviews of the locations and the tour operators.

Both those tours can be booked through agents, but John Gray can be booked in advance on line. I wouldn't book through drivers, unless it is someone you know well, nor the hotel.

http://johngray-seacanoe.com/

http://www.seacanoe.net/phuket.htm

All the best,

Mark.

Get answers to your questions about Patong
Recent Conversations