We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help to find restaurant again!

Which Patong hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
perth
Level Contributor
127 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Help to find restaurant again!

In 2011 we had an amazing meal at an Italian restaurant in patong, but I can't remember the name! It's on one of the soi's off beach road somewhere between the banthai resort & Bangla rd (closer to banthai I think). There were 3 Italian places on this soi, the one we are looking for was second on the right, 2 stories & had an Italian chef/ owner in the upstairs kitchen and the restaurant was very busy.

Can anyone help? Headed back in August can't wait!

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
745 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help to find restaurant again!

sounds like soi post office,

thats also where s&g cafe is.

if u get google maps you can go down every street to find stuff.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,351 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help to find restaurant again!

I think it's called napoli

Unanderra
Level Contributor
25 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Help to find restaurant again!

It's called Roma and is just down from Sabai Sabai. I was there five weeks ago and they told me that they were relocating and would be closed for the month of June. I'm returning on Thursday this week and will let you know where they've moved to. It's one of our favourites.

Cheers

Judy

perth
Level Contributor
127 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help to find restaurant again!

That's the one! Look forward to hearing where the have relocated to.

Cheers

5. Re: Help to find restaurant again!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 11 July 2013, 14:35
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,351 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help to find restaurant again!

You're righ JudeMuzza, Napoli is the first one on that side of the street and it's only a ground floor restaurant. It has that really slick owner with the white trousers and shirt and the slicked back hair. He's works the floor reallly well and takes care of everyone. We also ate at Roma but I loved the spaghetti with clams at Napoli....yummm

Unanderra
Level Contributor
25 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Help to find restaurant again!

Just a quick update on Roma's location. At the moment it is still in Soi Post Office but Mauro is in the process of fitting out a new restaurant on the Beach Road in the new Banana Walk complex above Coffee Club and KFC. He is hoping to be in the new restaurant sometime in August but until then will still be in Soi Post Office. The new restaurant will look out over Patong Beach.

Cheers

Judy

Darkan, Australia
Level Contributor
655 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Help to find restaurant again!

Napoli is in my opinion the best of the two. Maurio in my opinion is the worst kind of AH that has a restaurant in Patong.

9. Re: Help to find restaurant again!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 July 2014, 05:16