We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One last question... :))

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
45 posts
1 review
Save Topic
One last question... :))

I want to take my own expresso coffee with me from home, and I also want to take coffee-creamer (powdered milk) with, as I won't be able to have any of the milk & dairy products in Patong.

Will I be allowed to bring this into the country, or should I expect this to be taken away from me at the airport?

Thanks for your advice in advance.

Cheers, Didi.

Berlin/Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Berlin, Thailand
Level Contributor
18,446 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: One last question... :))

There's no restriction on bringing ground or instant coffee or powdered milk into Thailand. Pack it in your checked luggage and you won't have any discussions with security.

There is pretty good espresso-blend coffee and FRESH milk in every Thai supermarket and convenience store. You really don't have to drag it with you. The Thai-produced coffee (rather than imported) is especially good.

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
45 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: One last question... :))

Thank you bill2p, appreciate the info.

As per your advice I have decided to leave my coffee at home, am quite excited to try the Thai espresso-blend coffee! I'm always looking to try a great new coffee.....self-confessed coffeeholic!!!

I have no doubt there is FRESH milk in the stores but I won't be able to have it- as I can't even drink certain types of milk at home in my own country, as I become ill and upset tummy etc....

Despite this, I can still manage to have coffee-creamer as its a bit modified, and only one type of yoghurt in my country, a year ago I could eat anything!

Regards, Didi.

Berlin/Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Berlin, Thailand
Level Contributor
18,446 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: One last question... :))

The Thais (many of whom are lactose-intolerant) use a lot of non-dairy creamer. There's also a large selection of soy milk products.

Boncafe is a local high quality brand. If you find it, try hill tribe coffee like Duang Dee or Doi Tung. Also try freshly made "bag coffee" -- iced coffee from a street stand filtered through a cloth bag. I'm addicted to Birdy, a canned cold coffee sold in every 7/11, which is delicious but much too sweet.

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
45 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: One last question... :))

Thanks bill2p, I have written all of this down to remember...

You're a star!!

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Patong
Level Contributor
4,375 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: One last question... :))

Yes Creamer readily available, infact its what the hotels give you in the room, not fresh milk. But for me, if your tummy is intolerent, take the one from home that you know

Michelle

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
45 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: One last question... :))

Thanks Michelle :)

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,402 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: One last question... :))

They sell a Nescafe Red ? -- is delicious and just as good as ground coffee

8. Re: One last question... :))

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 July 2014, 06:19
Get answers to your questions about Patong