We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can you buy soft cooler bags in Patong or Krabi?

Brisbane
Level Contributor
91 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Can you buy soft cooler bags in Patong or Krabi?

Hi all

We'll be in Patong and Aonang next month and want to know if you can buy those soft cooler type bags (soft esky type thing) as we want to take food and drinks on the long tails.

Or should we bring one from Australia?

Thanks for your help.

Cheers

Amanda

Kuwait City, Kuwait
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Can you buy soft cooler bags in Patong or Krabi?

I would like to know as well , I want to put a bunch of beer in my bag ; Amanda you bring the sandwiches

Brisbane
Level Contributor
91 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Can you buy soft cooler bags in Patong or Krabi?

LOL!!

Actually that's a good point! Does anyone know what sort of picnic food I can buy to take on the boat and where to get it?

What have others taken with them?? Other than beer, lol!

My friends want prawns but not sure if I can get them early in the morning??

Cheers

Amanda

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Phuket
Level Contributor
2,091 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Can you buy soft cooler bags in Patong or Krabi?

Hi Amanda,

I have seen them in some of the Family Mart stores in Patong, also Big C supermarket in Jungceylon has the Poly styrene type ones. Family marts also sell small bags of filtered water ice as well, about 1/3 the size of the Aussie party ice bags for about 30 Baht.

You can buy just about anything you can buy in Australia at Big C and if you are looking for something along the lines of Deli food try the deli supermarket about 200 Metres north of Nicky's Handlebar, (opposite Tune Hotel) in Rat U Thit road in Patong. They sell everything from Imported Aussie Steak, wine, Vegemite, international Cheeses etc etc. Buy your prawns the night before and put them in the fridge at your hotel as there are not many places open early morning.

Cheers, Pete

Edited: 13 July 2013, 01:00
Launceston...
Level Contributor
281 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Can you buy soft cooler bags in Patong or Krabi?

Great advice Peter.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
129 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Can you buy soft cooler bags in Patong or Krabi?

Just back from our 3 rd visit to Phuket. We just brought our own from home. It was a type of esky soft carry bag. To put drinks in for beside pool. Last time we went to jungceylon and could only find the hard type of esky.

I also brought a couple of the gel freezer packs to put in esky bag. Enjoy

6. Re: Can you buy soft cooler bags in Patong or Krabi?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 July 2014, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Patong