We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Phuket - where to get best Thai massages (at Thai prices!)

Which Patong hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Cairns, Australia
Level Contributor
1,150 posts
148 reviews
Save Topic
Phuket - where to get best Thai massages (at Thai prices!)

Hi again,

We'd love to get daily massages as we've heard they're amazing. We will be staying in Patong. Where do we go to get these massages and what price should we expect to pay? Thanks again

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
72 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Phuket - where to get best Thai massages (at Thai prices!)

When you arrive, you'll see how funny your question is! Massage shops are about every few steps & will all be asking you to use their services! I had no idea of this until i went the first time either! :-) As for "Thai" prices, not sure if you mean what locals pay (someone local may be able to comment), or if you mean the price in Thailand. In the tourist areas at least, we found the prices to be set & the same from salon to salon, but differed sightly between region.

Cairns, Australia
Level Contributor
1,150 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Phuket - where to get best Thai massages (at Thai prices!)

Hi Indamorrow,

I should have worded it a little better! I was wanting to ask how much it costs to have a massage while we are there.

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
1,728 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Phuket - where to get best Thai massages (at Thai prices!)

It will not cost you much. Massage starts from 300 Baht.

Cheers

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
169 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Phuket - where to get best Thai massages (at Thai prices!)

In February I paid 300 baht for a reflexology foot massage and 500 baht for full body aromatherapy/aloe vera Thai massage.

Each massage takes an hour. I always give my Thai masseur a 200 baht tip each time because she is excellent and more like an osteopath.

My osteopath in UK would cost me £70 - £80 per hour. A full body Thai massage costs approx. 7 times cheaper for an hour and the benefits are equally as good for my bad back and neck.

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
72 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Phuket - where to get best Thai massages (at Thai prices!)

Thanks Sanchitagarwal & Tia! I just realised I didn't answer part of the OP's question- how much! I didn't want to mislead with out of date info... But my memory of last year was 300 THB too as the going rate for a foot massage. A bit more for whole body. So for about $10 AUD, pretty darn cheap!

Cairns, Australia
Level Contributor
1,150 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Phuket - where to get best Thai massages (at Thai prices!)

really? $10 - that's amazing. I will definitely tip if its only $10 for an hour. I can't wait to get there :)

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
72 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Phuket - where to get best Thai massages (at Thai prices!)

It is amazing! Btw I found a handy app (assuming you have a smart phone) called Convert Pad, that among other things, converts currency. There may be better ones out there, but I found it very helpful when researching my trip.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
9,324 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Phuket - where to get best Thai massages (at Thai prices!)

In Bangkok I and my Thai wife have been getting Thai massages in a complex of shops associated with a suburban Big C supermarket. It was very much a local place. The price was 25% less than the prices both of us have paid in the heart of the touristy Sukhumvit area. I suspect that the price difference is due to lower rents.

In Phuket you should be able to find 'Thai' prices by getting out of the tourist areas (into Phuket Town?), but doing this only to get a massage may be a losing proposition when you factor in the high cost of transportation.

new brunswick
Level Contributor
498 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Phuket - where to get best Thai massages (at Thai prices!)

In Patong, you get tourist price which is around 300 B per hour for either Thai traditional massage or foot massage. Same applies to Karon and Kata area.

Majority of tourists do not bother to travel to other areas such as Phuket Town for lower rate. Factor in transportation, time and location search, it is just not worthwhile.

Cairns, Australia
Level Contributor
1,150 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Phuket - where to get best Thai massages (at Thai prices!)

Thanks for all the replies. We're looking forward to our first trip in April :)