We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help Can`t Decide

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
149 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Help Can`t Decide

We are looking at staying in the Holiday Inn or Duangjitt Resort in Patong can you help us to decide there will be a group of us 8 Adults and 4 children, so we will be booking 4 rooms.which would be the best, to stay at looking at going in September ,

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,037 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help Can`t Decide

Well, of course, it depends on a lot of things. eg age of kids and number of people in each room, budget, your preferences, likes and dislikes.

Duangjitt has a massive pool, biggest in Patong (and another 2 good pools), and lovely grounds. If you want a big, tropical resort, with excellent pools, stay there. With a group of 12 it will be great because when you are all together you'll own the joint, but there's plenty of space to be apart. I'd even get rooms in different areas to suit price points and how people feel about their personal space. Know that breakfast isn't as good as HI, staff aren't as professional, it's 5 minutes further walk to the beach or the markets, and room choice is very important.

If you get 4 Family suites and put 2 adults and 1 child in each, you will love your stay at Duangjitt. The Family suites are 2 story and very spacious, but they only allow 3 people in each. Bedding is a King upstairs and a Double day bed downstairs, and there's a bathroom each. Of course it depends on how the kids are connected, and I doubt each couple has 1 child, but if you are discrete about it, if it suits you could put 2 kids in just 2 rooms at night (along with 2 adults) and have 2 kid free rooms. Just pretend there are 3 people in each room.

If the Family Suites are outside your budget, do some research on room type. Some rooms are a long way from breakfast and the hotel exit. Some have pool views. Some are a little isolated and dark.

Or just stay at Holiday Inn and love it like nearly everyone does.

Some info from another life:

tripadvisor.com.au/…34337752

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
149 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help Can`t Decide

Thank You for all your information ,I think we will say at the Holiday Inn 2 couples have 2 small children each , the oldest one is only 11 years , and the other 2 couples are the grandparents ,

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,037 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help Can`t Decide

Holiday Inn definitely if the grandparents don't like to walk far. And it's better for kids that age.

Or save a few bucks and stay practically next door at Patong Merlin. PM is less classy than HI, but usually a fair bit cheaper and the price includes breakfast (not always included at HI). Drinks and food are cheaper as well. Good place to stay in a (standard)pool view room; I don't like it there in non pool view. Kids will love the main pool at PM as you can run and dive into it. And as a bonus you can use the facilities at the far nicer Merlin Beach Resort. You catch the free shuttle to MBR and stay a few hours, then catch the free shuttle back (you have to book your places).

If you are not interested in saving a few bucks, then HI all the way. When at HI, be sure to eat at Sams.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
149 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help Can`t Decide

Thank You for your help ,that was my next question Holiday Inn is pricey ,we did stay there 5 years ago ,and love it ,but we are looking for something a little cheaper ,but still as nice as the HI .Do you know if they can sleep 4 in a room , my daughter and son inlaw plus 2 kids age 8 and 11,

Brisbane...
Level Contributor
18 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help Can`t Decide

Holiday Inn has a great restaurant down stairs. If there is a birthday to celebrate, then definitely book a table there! Sams steakhouse I think I recall.

6. Re: Help Can`t Decide

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 July 2014, 05:19