We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

millenium Hotel which room

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
20 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
millenium Hotel which room

Hi we are thinking of going to phuket first week november. never been before as we always go to Bali. Thought we would have a change after 9 years. Like the look of Millenium ( but open to other suggestions) and were wondering if the cabana rooms are worth all the extra? if not what is the best value rooms and in which wing as i have noticed a lakeside and beach side costing.

Thaks in advance

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
11,868 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: millenium Hotel which room

Depends on what you are looking for in a hotel also. Huge range of hotels in Phuket to choose from.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
20 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: millenium Hotel which room

that style, clean modern and close to things

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
11,868 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: millenium Hotel which room

The millenium might suit you since you are looking for modern, close to things. I didnt like it precisely because of that. I wanted a more resort, laid back feel.

Sorry I stayed there only once, and I hated it because if felt exactly like a hotel on top of a shopping center, My room overlooked a airconditioning chiller so nothing to see. Sorry I could not advise you on your question on room choice.

Phuket Town...
Level Contributor
2,624 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: millenium Hotel which room

I have stayed at the hotel 5 times, and I liked it because of the convenient location. Also a nice breakfast. I can recommend the Lakeside Wing. I haven't tried the cabana room, but liked the Grand Deluxe which had a balcony overlooking the pool area. Also the fitness room is located in the Lakeside wing.

Sydney, New South...
Level Contributor
368 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: millenium Hotel which room

I stayed ther in the cabanna room last year.

I hated the service (or should I say the lack of it) it was low season (June) and we had to take our own bags to and from the room no porters assistance, check in and check out very slow, my room never got cleaned before 3pm. this way they would open the bed for the night all at once, instead of 2 visits to the room only one.

never replaced toilet paper, shampoo, etc, we had to ask for it.

If you budget permits, check out The Kee very well located and good reviews, I'm planning to expend my NYE there, but this time I'm staying at The Yorkshire (3 stars) as the Kee was very expensive in December.

the only good thing about Millenium is the location it's adjoining to the Jungceylon shopping centre.

Safe travels :)

Melbourne,Australia
Level Contributor
377 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: millenium Hotel which room

We stayed in a Cabana room last year & loved it. Direct pool access & your own spa. We would definitely stay here again. My wife loved to go shopping & there are heaps of restaurants within walking distance.

7. Re: millenium Hotel which room

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 September 2014, 05:19