We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help! Planning Patong

Which Patong hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
SoCal
Level Contributor
38 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Help! Planning Patong

Hi everyone,

I will be in Patong with my gf next month for 4 days. Hoping for a little help planning:

1. Planning on 2 full day trips to Phi Phi Island and Phang Nga Bay. Any recommended tours? What is the best price I can get per person?

2. Places to eat? I would prefer the popular local spots rather than the touristy overpriced restaurants.

3. Any other must see or must do while in Phuket? Of course we will be walking around Bangla Rd. at night.

THANKS EVERYONE!

Geelong, Australia
Level Contributor
49 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help! Planning Patong

i would been told john gray hong by starlight is excellent and that is the main tour im doing in November .... here is there website for info johngray-seacanoe.com/thailand/hong-by-starl… ... and im also going to tiger kingdom

Sydney, New South...
Level Contributor
349 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help! Planning Patong

I recommend Phuket Sail Tours, they are more expensive but worthy every cent.

Phang Nga Bay is my favorite, I wont do Phi Phi again.

we like to eat tat the Tropica Hotel on the beach road 2 minutes from Bangla road.

there is lots of restaurnats on the roads just off from Bangla, all cuisine types and very cheap too. Another place is under the Jungceylon shopping centre lots of food places, very, very cheap - its like a food court on a shopping mall.

Have fun!

Rotherham, England...
Level Contributor
875 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help! Planning Patong

2. Places to eat? I would prefer the popular local spots rather than the touristy overpriced restaurants.

I like to eat at a little Thai place next to C&N hotel (up the small Soi) - basic Thai food at cheap prices:

see map

http://goo.gl/maps/R7JYv

Cocktails & Dreams is a must visit if you're on Bangla Road - #1 nightlife in all of Phuket, the chicks just love the cabaret and meeting the ladyboys!

Check out this map for attractions in Phuket: http://goo.gl/maps/LPy7r

...you can do a good selection of those on a tour or DIY by hiring a scooter / car

...the Dino Park Mini Golf in Karon is good fun for an hour or so one evening.

Edited: 19 September 2013, 11:06
4. Re: Help! Planning Patong

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 September 2014, 05:20