We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Diving in Phuket

14 posts
Save Topic
Diving in Phuket

Hi guys,

What's the diving like around Phuket? I'm pretty sure there's better places to go but I'll only have a week and getting from Perth to Phuket is cheap and easy so that will be where I end up. Also what are the best dive shops or should I just wing it when I get there?

Cheers

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
36,909 posts
371 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Diving in Phuket

Hi

Can only speak as I find but you won't go far wrong with Phuket Scuba Club. They can advise on the best diving etc. http://www.phuket-scuba-club.com/ They are a wealth of knowledge, even to snorkelers like me!!

Phuket, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Kata Beach
Level Contributor
5,667 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Diving in Phuket

The diving is really nice, with daytrips to sites like Shark Point, King Cruiser, Bida Islands and Racha Islands.

Steven from phuket-scuba

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
11,792 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Diving in Phuket

Diving in phuket is great. Contact stevenl or ringo who are destination experts in this forum privately. Forum rules do not allow business solicitation on the forum.

4. Re: Diving in Phuket

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 08 November 2013, 10:05
14 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Diving in Phuket

Cheers. How do I contact someone privately?

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
11,792 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Diving in Phuket

Go to phuket forums (not patong forums).

On the right of the screen you will see destination experts stevenl or ringo

Click their names to enter their profile.

On the left of the screen you will see send message.

14 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Diving in Phuket

Awesome much appreciated

Hong Kong, China
9 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Diving in Phuket

Hi everyone, I moved to Hong Kong and now easy to go on holiday in SE Asia

I'm looking for some information about Phuket, I'd like to get back diving too. I got my certification long ago and like to start again. Probably the best is do the course again.

Any suggestion and tips about Phuket are welcome. Looking for late July, Is it a good period for Phuket?

Thank you

Phuket, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Kata Beach
Level Contributor
5,667 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Diving in Phuket

Divetrips from Phuket are offered year round. And the nice thing is, in July at Racha Yai and Racha Noi (the best areas for someone who has not been diving for a while) the diving is done at the east side of the islands, which offers the best diving there.

Steven from phuket-scuba

Bromley, United...
Level Contributor
91 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Diving in Phuket

hi can anyone recommend a good diving school near the patong merlin we are there in august and my 2 daugters 19 and 21 and son 12 are keen to try scuba diving my sons done a bubblemaker afternoon in a pool but the girls have no experience - also as it is the rainy season can you even do scuba courses in august?

Get answers to your questions about Patong