We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

money

england
Level Contributor
23 posts
1 review
Save Topic
money

hi can anyone tell me if you can change sterling money quite easily out there, and is it better rate in the uk than there thanks

London, United...
Level Contributor
14,463 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: money

Its very easy to change money and you will get a better rate changing uk£ to Thai Baht in Thailand.

Mentioned in this post
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,484 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: money

i would not carry all your money with you to Thailand...? Just use A T M

Mentioned in this post
London
Level Contributor
461 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: money

ATM = lower bank currency exchange rate + overseas transaction fee.

Cash = lowest possible commision rates = more beer

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,484 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: money

Atm Cheap insurance.... Pull out a few hundred dollars at a time . No risk of loosing thousands ??. Funny most English and Australians disagree. Most North americans agree.? Whats with that . As for keeping it in hotel safe . Thats fine if you stay in one spot your whole vacation . But we never do that . 2 weeks in one spot ...? Why . ? ..The thought of carrying a couple thousand all that way seems a little risky to me .? You would not believe how many times i have been part of this discussion on T A. I don't find 50 dollars in fees over a vacation to be a big deal. Why spend thousands on a trip and worry about that much in fees .? Like i said cheap insurance . And of course all IMO. I cant wait for your responses .They will be awake in Australia soon ,then i will really hear it 555:)

Edited: 09 December 2013, 01:01
Level Contributor
136 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: money

Never lost a cent taking all the cash with me

Some people ^^ must be clumsy and or stupid :)

LUKE

Edited: 09 December 2013, 04:47
Level Contributor
136 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: money

Each to there own

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,484 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: money

I'll admit i did leave a atm card in a machine on Bangla road one night. Got the cash forgot the card. Lucky next person called me . BUT that was after 17 shots of tequila and several sangsoms........Ahhhh what a night. ....And yes what ever floats your boat. :) P.S I think i am a little more stupid than clumsy.

Edited: 09 December 2013, 06:28
Level Contributor
136 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: money

Even if ur gonna move hotels have ur money in a envelope or something along those lines ain't hard to put it in ur suitcase ect ect and go to ur next destination

If ur going on a plane I would have it in hand luggage over ur suitcase though

Luke

newcastle upon tyne
Level Contributor
11,916 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: money

I take care of the money I take with me, just as I do with my passport, camera, kindle, laptop etc. .I take cash to change early on, & when it runs out, use ATM's.

Gold Coast...
Level Contributor
5,682 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: money

There are money exchange places on every street corner - tons of them, ATM's everywhere too. (And yes we are awake in OZ now 2fortravel_10)

Edited: 09 December 2013, 19:19
Get answers to your questions about Patong