We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi patong to airport anyone?

Which Patong hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Tower City, North...
Level Contributor
201 posts
Save Topic
Taxi patong to airport anyone?

Hi

we have flight from Phuket airport on 16.1 5:30AM

So i need taxi ride on 16.01 in 2:30 AM since no mini van or bus drive that late/early

They are pretty much expensive 800baht

So if there is anybody going around same time and wanna share taxi just drop a message here or at ivantajm at gmail

There is 2 of us so 2 more could fit

thailand
Level Contributor
61 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi patong to airport anyone?

800 baht is cheap for that time of the morning.

Tower City, North...
Level Contributor
201 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi patong to airport anyone?

yeah for 30km it should be 300baht in middle of night and not 800...

thay had some stupid thing that minibus drive onli from 7-18h like there is no ealier and later flights

3. Re: Taxi patong to airport anyone?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 15 January 2014, 01:35
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,135 posts
444 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi patong to airport anyone?

You didn't say where you want the taxi from? - 800 baht in the middle of the night is reasonable for Patong to Airport.

You will never get a taxi for 300 baht at anytime of day ... and many taxis would be limited to 3 passengers if you all have luggage.

Tower City, North...
Level Contributor
201 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi patong to airport anyone?

It clearly say on topic name Patong to airport and i think it is pretty muc obvious it is Phuket airport.

I would not even take taxi since van is 150baht person but they drive only from 7-18 so this is only option..

South Australia...
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Ko Lanta
Level Contributor
8,892 posts
415 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxi patong to airport anyone?

800baht for a 40 minute trip at that hour of the morning, sounds ok to me :)

thailand
Level Contributor
61 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Taxi patong to airport anyone?

If you are that upset about the money, just take the last evening minibus for 150 baht, then wait.

KUALA LUMPUR
Level Contributor
11 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Taxi patong to airport anyone?

No matter what time of the day, the fare is still fixed at 800 baht ....and it hasn't change since a few years back....it is very reasonable

Tower City, North...
Level Contributor
201 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Taxi patong to airport anyone?

Since i used Thai taxi 400+km and paid 3000Baht for that you cant sell me that stupid stories about good price... it is good to drivers and not to customers.. Here just like to pupm prices without any reason and still trying to figure how can this beach be at any top list. it is one of ugliest thai beaches

Phuket Town...
Level Contributor
2,590 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Taxi patong to airport anyone?

Stay positive and enjoy the rest of your vacation. Taxi prices in Phuket are very high compared to the rest of Thailand.