We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Are the random laundry stands to be trusted?

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
53 posts
Save Topic
Are the random laundry stands to be trusted?

I am staying at the kalima and I saw they want 50+ baht per item. And right accross the street is a place that rents mopeds and also has a laundry for 50bht/kg sign. Gotta diversify. R these places trustworthy??

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
9,980 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Are the random laundry stands to be trusted?

I have used these type of places many times all over Thailand and never had an issue. I am not sure I would trust them with anything really delicate like a silk shirt but for normal washing they are great.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
53 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Are the random laundry stands to be trusted?

Awesome thanks

Level Contributor
136 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Are the random laundry stands to be trusted?

Most places are 100 baht per kilo

But like previous comment said don't trust em with expensive clothing

Luke

Edited: 20 January 2014, 18:38
Mildura, Australia
Level Contributor
4,378 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Are the random laundry stands to be trusted?

Never had any problems with these places. It does seem odd at first to see laundry being done at a random store but I've used them without issue many times. They do a good job of washing and ironing at a very cheap price. As above, I wouldn't give them anything really delicate but other than that, save your money from using the outrageous hotel prices and give one of these places a go.

Mindarie, Australia
Level Contributor
956 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Are the random laundry stands to be trusted?

in patong they are all over the place most of them 50bht per kilo washed and ironed and it is a 24 hour service so if you drop clothes off at 10am you should have them back the next day at same time you can pay a bit extra for same day service never had a problem with them

newcastle upon tyne
Level Contributor
11,324 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Are the random laundry stands to be trusted?

I've always used them, & only once had a problem (on Koh Tao, when too much bleach or something similar was used).

I don't take good clothes anyway, just cheap shorts, vests & shirts, so not a problem.

If you take fancy expensive clothes on holiday, then I would stick to the hotel laundry just in case

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
267 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Are the random laundry stands to be trusted?

We are staying in kata beach in May and was wondering if there is any Laundry mats like the ones where u go and wash your own stuff???

Perth
Level Contributor
22 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Are the random laundry stands to be trusted?

Hi Nata862

Do you mean laundromat?!! We have just been in Kata for a week and even though I did not see any laundromats, I'm sure they have them. Don't bring your best clothes here....dress is very casual and you can go from the beach to a bar. Support the locals and let them wash and iron your clothes for about $2 a kg. Ann

Phuket, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Kata Beach
Level Contributor
5,735 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Are the random laundry stands to be trusted?

Yes, they are to be trusted. Around 50 Baht/kg is a pretty standard price, maybe around 20 baht more if you want it ironed.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
53 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Are the random laundry stands to be trusted?

ok cool. does that include dry in a dryer or air dry???