We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi not willing to take us into Patong

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
93 posts
223 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi not willing to take us into Patong

We are staying in the. Merlin beach and taxis were unwilling to take us into Patong tonight any one know why

Phuket Thailand
Level Contributor
3,681 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi not willing to take us into Patong

Doesn't make sense to me. This may have something to do with it, but I am not sure: phuketwan.com/tourism/…

Plenty of other roads around Patong.

Good luck,

Mark.

Phuket Sail Tours.

Phuket
Destination Expert
for Patong
Level Contributor
3,761 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi not willing to take us into Patong

Patong is chokka, but from the Merlin Resort there is only one road in. No bars open, so restaurants are full.

New Milton, United...
Level Contributor
4,416 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi not willing to take us into Patong

welcome to phuket

Phuket, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Kata Beach
Level Contributor
5,564 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi not willing to take us into Patong

The roads from there have been swamped, it has taken me, after returning a guest, almost 1 hour from Indochine to the small circle at the start of Patong from there, which is normally a 5 minute ride..

So at the wrong time (6-7 in the evening) a taxi will really not like that ride, and I understand a refusal.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
181 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi not willing to take us into Patong

Take a Tuk-Tuk

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,181 posts
483 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxi not willing to take us into Patong

CurtisB: The OP was enquiring about taking a taxi into Phuket on the night of Feb 2nd

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Taxi not willing to take us into Patong

Its a mafia thingy between Tuk tuks and taxis. I think they can take you in but cannot take anyone out. So wasted trip out hence I guess thats why the taxi driver not too keen.

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
93 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Taxi not willing to take us into Patong

It was just the 1 night we had the problem and found out the next day it was all down to the traffic being jammed up in Patong. No problem getting a taxi otherwise from the Merlin beach but you can't get a tuk tuk from there as the taxi boys don't allow them pick up from there but you can get one back

Phuket, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Kata Beach
Level Contributor
5,564 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Taxi not willing to take us into Patong

"It was just the 1 night we had the problem and found out the next day it was all down to the traffic being jammed up in Patong. "

Thanks for the feedback and the confirmation.

10. Re: Taxi not willing to take us into Patong

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 February 2015, 06:18