We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is this deal worth it?

Which Patong hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
711 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Is this deal worth it?

Hi all, is $899 for 8 days good for two people?

It's for Millennium Resort Patong Phuket.

THey're having a promotion at the moment and wanna know whether it's worth getting that or not.

These are its perks:

• Daily fully cooked buffet breakfasts for all guests with Western and Asian specialties

• A themed all-you-can-eat buffet dinner for two at the Bistro restaurant - choose from a Seafood Lover's Night, Phuket Street Hawkers Fare Night and more (depending which day you dine) with dishes like Aussie tenderloin steak, roasted honey duck, oysters and loads more - plus if you're travelling with kids they can eat for half price

• An exotic seafood dinner for two including mouth-watering dishes like rock lobster, scallops, prawns, sticky rice & mango dessert and more (non-seafood option also available)

• Eight x 30 minute head and shoulder massages to share evenly between two adults at the acclaimed Escentika Spa onsite

Otherwise I'll stick to some Starwood hotels:

The Westin Siray Bay Resort & Spa, Phuket THB 1,504 /night

or

Le Meridien Phuket Beach Resort THB 2,117 /night

Thank you

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,031 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is this deal worth it?

Keep in mind that this deal is only available for stays between 1/4 and 30/11 and there is a 1200baht a night surcharge for stays 1/11-30/11. So in effect it is the low season. I would be checking the cost of staying at that time of the year via something like hotelscombined and see what you come up with. Obviously that won't include the dinners, massages and the few other inclusions but prob will include breakfast.

Also keep in mind Le Meridien is not really near anything so you will need transport everywhere. Not sure where the other hotel is.

Phuket, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Kata Beach
Level Contributor
5,361 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is this deal worth it?

"Not sure where the other hotel is."

Much further away for anything than Le Meridien.

If you are set on the freebies you're getting it sounds like a good deal, if you consider those extra's I dont think it is a very good deal.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
711 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is this deal worth it?

Yeah that's what I thought so too.

I'm quite happy with staying at a mid-range hotel since I'll be out and about anyway.

Now off to discuss with the family.

Phuket Thailand
Level Contributor
3,439 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is this deal worth it?

Hi Coolitz. Did you see my pm to you a couple of weeks ago? Up the top there, next to your log in name.

All the best,

Mark.

Cobar, Australia
Level Contributor
101 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is this deal worth it?

Hey Coolitz,

Almost tempted to say it sounds like a great day going off of the photos, it looks amazing!!!

The added extras would seal the deal for me :)

We are paying 27,650 baht for 7 nights elsewhere so I think you've got a wonderful price!

I hope you enjoy your trip!!! Keep us posted on what you decide to do :)

Aussie
Level Contributor
1,482 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is this deal worth it?

my sister is going in May with partner and he wanted pool access room....told her you are mad have u seen the prices!!! (when we go we stay at Poppa Palace for around $80 p/n for 2 family rooms)

so she decided maybe a nice hotel but maybe we can do without the pool access....so we searched and searched and u would all know when u do this you go round in circles and get nowhere lol..

Told her to look again and choose 4 and we would watch and wait...

She was looking at Holiday Inn, that nice one off Bangla Rd starting with B? and 2 others...ideally for location as her partner can't walk far and for her close to the shopping...

Then I saw the Millennium (which is attached to Juncolyn shopping centre) and thought wow that is nice....

She then narrowed it down to a deluxe room at $250 per night ouch..but then a few booking companies ran a 40% in you booked 30 days in advance...so for the price she was going to pay for deluxe she could get the pool access room

Told her to hurry up and book before they sold out and 2 days after she did your special came up!!

"oh dear" too late now....the hotel looks nice and with all the added in extra's I think it is a good choice if u are used to/happy to pay that price....

Mind you we go with hr in July and she better not be crying poor on my trip rofl

let us know what u decide

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
11,537 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Is this deal worth it?

I have stayed at all 3 and i will you my perspective.

The Millenium is a hotel on top, and next to the Jung Ceylon shopping center. Once inside, there is no difference whether you are in Jakarta or Manila. It looks and feels like a city hotel. The hotel is large with two wings. The room they gave me, I had to change elevators and had a wonderful view of the aircondition chilling towers on top of the shopping mall. The hotel was also populated by asian tour groups. I hated it. If i wanted this kind of stay i do not need to go to phuket for it. The hotel is away from the beach. At least a 20min walk.

The Westin Siray bay is located on the other side of phuket, away from the usual beaches of patong, kata and karon. In fact, based on phukets crazy transport prices its quite costly, maybe 800B one way, to go from the hotel to Patong. The hotel is quite new, and has breathtaking views. It doesnt have much of a beach however. There is a large variety of rooms, some with its own plunge pools and also villas. As its isolated, hotel f&b costs are a bit on the high side, and so is the spa. Rooms are cheap for the view and accomodations that you get. The westin heavenly bed some say is the best hotel bed in the world. I would recommend a stay here if you want isolation, beautiful views and luxurious accomodation and a very affordable price.

The Le Meridien is a resort of old design. This I mean its like an apartment block, like some of the hotels you find on wakiki. Different from westin where its a cross between a tropical resort and an apartment. They have large pools and very friendly service. I find f&b here quite affordabr and the spa runs discounts during the low season. This is a hotel i dont mind eating in. Similar to the westin, it has its own beach (the millenium has no beach, but you get a shopping mall). It is located between karon and patong and for tuk tuk pricing purposes its in karon. The hotel runs a 100b hourly shuttle to patong. I will pick this hotel if i want to be near the action, but far enough to enjoy some isolation.

Edited: 20 February 2014, 15:04
8. Re: Is this deal worth it?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 February 2015, 06:18