We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

resorts.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
52 posts
103 reviews
Save Topic
resorts.

We ahve 2 nights free in khao Lak , we would like to head back down to Patong but need a 5-6 star resort to stay in . Anyone have great experiences in a nice town. We like quiet at times but then a town that has quaint bars etc. Need to book for August 2014.

Phillip Island...
Level Contributor
796 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: resorts.

Mmmm, I don't know that Patong is for you. Can't think of any 6* hotels or quaint bars for that matter.

Perhaps Kata may have something more suitable for your needs.

Edited: 05 March 2014, 09:05
Sydney
Level Contributor
107 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: resorts.

Patong ... Quaint ..... LOL

Mindarie, Australia
Level Contributor
956 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: resorts.

have a look at the Le meridian hotel a bit out of patong but just a tuk tuk ride in has its own private beach patong doesn't really have 5 or 6 star hotels and it is definitely not quiet or quaint

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
3,653 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: resorts.

iHi Jacqueline

If you use the Tripadvisor filters for Phuket Accommodation there are 34 five star hotels listed across various areas of Phuket.

tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g293920-zfc5-Phuket-H…

There are a few listed for Patong (Diamond Cliff resort and Montana Grand) but there are more in quieter places like Cape Panwa, south of Patong. you could still come back to Patong from other places for the nightlife and bars but you might be travelling for an hour or so.

Edited: 06 March 2014, 00:33
Darwin, Australia
Level Contributor
1,405 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: resorts.

Try Cape Sienna in Kamala,

nice little town, great bars, nice beach & ony 15 mins from patong if you wish to go out in the main city

Vinny

Victoria, Australia
Level Contributor
1,575 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: resorts.

Have a look at a summer special package at Mom Tris. It is good value and a lovely hotel.

www.villaroyalephuket.com/promotion.html

Linda

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
52 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: resorts.

after 5 visits to Thailand , we know patong isnt quaint , however my question was,m Any quaint stays from Khao Lak down towards Patong....

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Patong
Level Contributor
4,374 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: resorts.

I agree with the others, and dont think Patong is what you are looking for. I suggest look at Merlin Beach, just 10 min tuk tuk to Patong, private beach, lovely resort. Or as Linda said, Mom Tris Villa Royal sounds like it and the area would suit you perfectly

Michelle

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
5,312 posts
210 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: resorts.

I would suggest Centara Villas on the cliff between Patong and Karon Beaches, overlooking Karon Beach. You will have your own individual villa, some with a spa or private pool. There are 2 pools in the resort which are just lovely and you can walk down to Karon Beach to swim in the ocean. The lounges and umbrellas belong to a big sister of Centara Villas so are free. The restaurants at Centara Villas offer really fabulous meals. Three happy hours a day - 2 for the price of one. And the breakfasts are just marvellous. The service from the staff is first class. They are really wonderful. You really don't have to leave Centara Villas to get mixed up with the hoi polloi unless you want to. If you do, there are shuttles to Patong and Karon. We've stayed there for the last 3 years and just love it. There aren't any children, as Centara Villas doesn't really cater for them.

Sydney
Level Contributor
107 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: resorts.

Yeah I will second the Merlin beach resort as what would best suit you... Near Patong but not in the middle. As far as using the word quaint do you mean attractively unusual or old fashioned as by definition because Merlin beach is not by this description... But if you mean picturesque then this is the one I think!!! Hope that clarifies properly... Cheers