We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants and bars northern end of patong

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
158 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurants and bars northern end of patong

Hi,

we are going to be staying at the Thanthip resort for 9 nights and I was wondering if anyone knew of some good eateries/restaurants/bars in the local area (walking/staggering distance) at the northern end of patong ?

I have seen many good reviews of places such as sweet and sabai sabai restaurants, but I'm unsure of their location in relation to the hotel.

Also does anyone know if there is facilities such as laundromat etc in the vicinity

Thanks

Gold Coast
Level Contributor
5,917 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants and bars northern end of patong

Sweet restaurant and Sabai are only a few mins walk from where you are staying.

As you walk along beach road keep a lookout for signs that say laundry at 50 baht a kilo. Just take your washing in there and you can pick it up the next day or the same day if you go in early.

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
751 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurants and bars northern end of patong

I've just been looking at the hotel your staying in and looks really nice for my budget, look forward to a review from you, :-)

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
158 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurants and bars northern end of patong

Thanks Nairobi, that's good to hear sweet and sabai sabai are close to where we're staying. Any tips on some good bars nearby ?

No worries Sarah, although we're not going until august to give the review. We chose Thanthip resort because it had good reviews and its location (far enough away from hustle and bustle, but still walking distance to Bangla rd).

One thing I noticed when researching hotel reviews is you cant really go off their "star" rating as Thanthip for instance varied from 3* to 4.5* depending on which website you look at. I'd always rather go off what other travellers have to say from personal experiences.

Gold Coast
Level Contributor
5,917 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurants and bars northern end of patong

There are a couple of Irish pubs a few hundred metres away.

Scruffy Murphys and Molly Malones. Have been to both but more to MM as we were staying next door. They have bands on in the evenings.

Level Contributor
136 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurants and bars northern end of patong

I checked the hotel ur staying at

And every picture they have posted in a negative picture about how dirty the rooms are

No my idea of a great hotel

But each there own

Me and the gf are staying at de coze to try something different

Yes it's a distance from the beach/Bangla road but hotel looks really nice and quiet

Have a safe trip :)

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
751 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurants and bars northern end of patong

Luke

I also see the bad pics but the positive ones took over all negatives and the location is ideal, but as you say each to their own:-)

Brett

That's fine your going in August, I'm not going till next year prob April, I love to research every thing before I go, got Mexico this May then after I will be ready to book, love the rooms on ground floor where you can just dive in the pool, if that's a upgrade it's worth it.

Have a amazing time

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
158 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurants and bars northern end of patong

but Luke the hotel has a brand new wing (although I don't know how many years old) and we've booked a room in the new wing. Other travellers have posted good reviews on the new rooms and the pictures of the new rooms look good.

Level Contributor
136 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Restaurants and bars northern end of patong

Yeah I seen the pics of the new rooms looks pretty good

Hope they keep it in better shape then there old room haha

skipton
Level Contributor
24 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Restaurants and bars northern end of patong

Help Please

myself and my husband are planning our 2nd trip to thailand we did bangkok and koh samui last time and had a blast, we like a good beach and enjoyed koh samui strip, we're considering krabi but am worried it would be too quiet but also we're thinking patong would be too much for 12 nights we like something in between a few lively nights and a few quieter ones we're does anyone recommend to stay for a mixture of both any suggestions would be very gratefully received.

Edited: 20 March 2014, 19:44
skipton
Level Contributor
24 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Restaurants and bars northern end of patong

Sorry that last post wasn't meant to here oops

Get answers to your questions about Patong