We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Budget and day tours

Which Patong hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
london
Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Topic
Budget and day tours

Hi

we are 2 girls travelling to phuket for 10 days, we are staying in patong. just after some advice with regards to budget, would £50 per day each cover it? we will probably want to eat out most nights at average/nice restaurants, have a couple of drinks and maybe a couple of bigger nights and also do a couple of trips (phi phi islands for sure), the rest of the time will just be beach/ pool time!

also any advice on good tours to Phi Phi and also any elephant sanctury tours would be great

thanks

Michalla

Wolverhampton...
Level Contributor
51 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Budget and day tours

Hi michalla to give you an idea my partner and I went to 2 weeks and spent about £1700 we do like a drink, we ate out every evening and snacks at lunchtime.also did phi phi islands,elephant safari,spent most days at a different beach which was way better than patong beach that was reached by taxi ,we used same taxi driver to take us various places you get better deals,also used the local tuk tuks ,shopping was another expense its that cheap you can't stop,I even put my feet in with the fishes and had a foot massage .oh yes we both smoked at the time of this trip.

We weren't on a budget but in Thailand you can live as cheap or expensive as you like.

It was our first time and when we reached the hotel they wanted our credit card details as deposit we don't have one so had to pay 3000baht which we were refunded when we checked out is This normal not sure.

If you go to bangla road which is a must don't ring the bell you will be buying everyone in the bar a drink

Hope this gives you a rough idea happy hols

Wolverhampton...
Level Contributor
51 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Budget and day tours

Hi again the beach we went to was tri trang beach paying, the cost was taxi fare and I think 100baht for sun loungers being our fist time we booked trips through the rep at the hotel we went with www.siamsafari.com for elephant trekking and phang-nga eco tour (www.seacavecanoe.com) for phi phi all brilliant days but if I went back I would shop about and book with the locals much cheaper

Edited: 29 March 2014, 08:28
Gold Coast
Level Contributor
5,597 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Budget and day tours

50 pounds each should be ample. We spent an average of 60 per day and did a couple of trips. It is the tours that will eat up your money. We ate out every day with quite a few drinks. As already mentioned you can spend a lot on eating if you go to expensive restaurants but generally dining out is cheap.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,474 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Budget and day tours

Tours will cost 50 and up .So depends how many you do . Phuket can eat up your money VERY quickly.

london
Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Budget and day tours

hey

thanks for this, think we will go on 50/60 per day with a bit extra for trips and shopping!

any good bar recommendations?

Im literally so excited now!!!

thanks for the help

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
36,205 posts
333 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Budget and day tours

Hi

Agree £100 per day should be sufficient. But do have a contingency plan (ie a debit or credit card) as I agree that Phuket can eat up your money when you are not looking.

there are so many bars everyone will have a favourite! Have a look round where you are staying and see what appeals.

We do have an extra fund for our tours, especially a must do for us, Phuket Sail Tours, and my favourite tour of Phang Nga Bay. Its not the cheapest, but is one of the best days out. They also do Phi Phi, but it is a long sea crossing, so ensure you do go with a good company like Phuket Sail tours (they use speedboats by the way)

No elephant sanctuaries in Phuket, the just trekking centres - well not trekking just a short ride round the block. We don't do the trekking as I am not convinced on the ethics. I also won't do the tiger kingdom - well have you ever seen a household cat do what the tigers allow - no, then why do naturally wild tigers allow it . . . . There is a gibbon sanctuary, and they are the outcome of the ones that have their mothers killed so the babies can be photographed with the tourists, so are worth a visit.

7. Re: Budget and day tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 April 2015, 05:16