We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Patong Holiday Tips And Ideas

Level Contributor
42 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Patong Holiday Tips And Ideas

Heading to Phuket in two weeks with hubby and three kids 11, 9 and 3, been to Bali but not Phuket. We are staying at Patong Beach Hotel and like to relax, shop and eat. Would love any advice or tips on everything and anything, where to go, eat, shop, tours, money changing, airport transfers, must do's and must don't s.. Not long now...

Mentioned in this post
Phuket
Phuket
Thailand
Bali
Bali
Indonesia
Patong Beach Hotel
Patong Beach Hotel
1,519 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
Elizabeth Andaman Tour
River Rafting & Tubing, Boat Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Speed Boats Tours
Friendly Taxi & Tours Phuket
Sightseeing Tours, Taxis & Shuttles, City Tours, Private Tours, Day Trips
Level Contributor
136 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Patong Holiday Tips And Ideas

Change money at any exchange place

(There not as bad as Bali were they try and rip u off) but still be weary

Don't rent a jet ski

Or a scooter as u could end up paying hundreds in damages u didn't do

Food is cheap and easy to come by especially the night markets :)

No.6

Sweet restaurant

Are a few of the forums favourites

Shopping

Check out Cathy and Gary's shopping guide very very very useful

And don't forget to take a tour of the island

Get to see temples look outs beaches ect ect and If u don't mind taking the kids go to phi phi or James Bond

As for a driver give Lek a email

Leklanden@hotmail.com

Clean and brand new 4wd with amazing aircon

650 baht airport transfers

Maybe more depending on were ur going

1500 baht for a 10-6 day tour ;)

Have a good trip I'm back on the 4th of May

Luke

Mentioned in this post
Bali
Bali
Indonesia
London, United...
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
10,668 posts
168 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Patong Holiday Tips And Ideas

Top tip from me is.............................

Relax chill out and enjoy your holiday :-)

Lots of good info in post above!

Edited: 04 April 2014, 17:49
San Francisco...
Level Contributor
572 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Patong Holiday Tips And Ideas

Banana Pancake, drink lots of fresh coconut and then use a spoon to scrap up the coconut on the inside, fruits, papaya salad, don't be afraid to try street food, night market has tons of food selection, go to Karon/Kata for the beach instead, go to big Buddha before sunset and on the way down, stop to check out the beautiful view.

Mentioned in this post
Karon
Karon
Phuket, Thailand
Kuwait City, Kuwait
Level Contributor
81 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Patong Holiday Tips And Ideas

If you're into shopping, goto to the weekend market in Phuket town. It's really nice and you can find everything there in cheaper prices compared to Patong. Also while you're there you shouldn't miss having launch at the natural restaurant which has the best seafood I had in all Phuket.

Mentioned in this post
Phuket
Phuket
Thailand
Geelong, Australia
Level Contributor
430 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Patong Holiday Tips And Ideas

Take a power board...

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
37,421 posts
386 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Patong Holiday Tips And Ideas

. . . and make that power board a surge protection one!

I would say wear a smile, and whatever, keep your cool and smile!

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
44,758 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Patong Holiday Tips And Ideas

... and have a look at the Top Question FAQ on the right "What is the important information first time visitors to Phuket need to know?" See tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g293920-i5037-k7…

Mentioned in this post
Phuket
Phuket
Thailand
8. Re: Patong Holiday Tips And Ideas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 07 April 2014, 09:05
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,245 posts
516 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Patong Holiday Tips And Ideas

Luke D ... Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and it may be that some people find your generalised replies useful ... however, upon reading through your posts for the past few months, it would appear that not all of your information is accurate and/or current.

I seem to remember seeing a post where you said you haven't been to Phuket for 10 years ? If so, perhaps it would pay to wait until after your next visit when you will at least have some current first hand experiences to comment on.

I would also point out that your numerous glowing recommendations for Lek Landon could be construed by some as bordering on touting. Have you actually used him ?

Nashy13 ... If you care to send me a private message via T/A (with your email address) I will forward you a file with comprehensive information on things for kids to do ... and where kids can eat etc. I also suggest you check the link recommended by Arandora in post 7.

Enjoy ...

Edited: 07 April 2014, 11:08
Mentioned in this post
Phuket
Phuket
Thailand
Cobar, Australia
Level Contributor
101 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Patong Holiday Tips And Ideas

Getting so close til take off !!! :)

I hope you guys have an amazing time!

When we were there I found myself saying "I bet the kids would love this"

Things such as "the tiger kingdom"

"Go carting" "Monkey show and elephant treks" "Simon Caberet"

"fantasea" (although I have not been to it yet... Planned for next trip) ... Umm....au be even "zorbing" (depending on age)

... There is a nice pizza shop on the beach road we really enjoyed.... Thought the kids would too.

Simple things were our most fav part... Beach days (where we shopped harder than we did at the markets)

We loved the Hard Rock for meals. A little expensive.... But the band were awesome and staff friendly!

Ooh there's also the water slides you could take them too. "Splash Jungle" (we didn't go there either so no personal reviews)

Have a wonderful time away! I hope you have as much fun as we did!!! ... 15 weeks countdown for me again!! :)

Get answers to your questions about Patong